Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

!Restored: Save Layer Combinations in Detail View?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can one save a layer combination for a detail view? Like the saved views?

We're having a problem where the section has one layer combination setting, and the detail uses different layers. When working in section and opening the detail via the detail mark OR the navigator, the section's layer combination setting is retained, which may yield a blank detail, requiring one to embark on several inches of mouse travel and some clicking to show instead the layer combination for the detail.

(did that make any sense?)

Am I correct in thinking that I cannot use a saved view of a detail and still retain the detail marker to detail (saved view?) drawing-on-layout references?

(did THAT make any sense?)

We've really just got details created solely with linework, but are looking to associate the detail markers with the placed detail drawings on sheets in the set. The details are already drawn, and we're now backtracking to add the detail markers and re-generate the detail drawings to try to associate things correctly. I kinda think maybe we've got too many layers and layer combinations, but I dunno.

Is there a better practice for this? (surely there must be...)
Or, is the saved-view-type settings for details a wish?
7 REPLIES 7
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
You must create a VIEW of the detail window with the proper layer combination (and other attributes) assigned.

So..
1. Open Detail
2. Set up Layer Combo
3. Assign Pen Set
4. Assign Proper Dimension Settings

In the VIEW MAP (not the Project Map), right click on the folder in which you want place this view and SAVE CURRENT VIEW...

You'll then NAME it something appropriate.

The only way to get back to this view is to open thru the VIEW MAP. That is actually the job of the VIEW MAP is to take and given window in your Plan File along with all those attributes and save it.

So. Project Map = Raw Windows. Clicking on an entry in the PROJECT MAP only switches windows

View Map = Raw Window + Layers + Pens + Dimensions + Scale, etc, etc, etc.
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Anonymous
Not applicable
But, does that VIEW, when placed on a layout or moved to a different layout, change the detail marker references?
Anonymous
Not applicable
OR... can the detail tool be used to place a LINKED MARKER which can then be associated with the saved VIEW? I'm playing a bit with the linked marker thing, but it seems one can only link it to things in the Project Map.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
When you select the "Place Linked Marker" options a new Dialog comes up. Check the "The marker will refer to" filed at the top. There you can select what you need.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Right, got that... but the options for linking the marker are only the project map, and wouldn't I have to link the marker to a saved view from the view map in order to have the marker refer to the saved view drawing?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You do not have this?
You can select the first Drawing on a Layout that was placed based on a selected View.
LinkedMarkerOptions.png
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Oohhhh..... there's OPTIONS for different lists of drawings. Heh.

Thank you.