Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

COPYING WINDOW AND DOOR MARKER INFO

peter spellman
Participant
Hello,
I am trying to find a simple way to copy the marker settings from one type of window to another (also for doors to). Eyedropper/Syringe changes the window type, which I do not want to do.

Is there an easy way w/o editing each different window/door type?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Peter
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable
What about the settings do you want to copy. There are several approaches to this depending on the desired result.
peter spellman
Participant
I AM TRYING TO COPY ALL OF THE MARKER ATTRIBUTES, (MARKER TYPE,
SPACING, TEXT, SHAPE,ETC.) THE ONLY ITEM I WANT TO HAVE TO EDIT IS THE WINDOW OR DOOR ID NUMBER.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Then select the doors or windows and change the marker type.

Oh, and turn of your caps lock. No need to shout.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I think what Peter refers to is that there is no way to transfer only the Marker settings from one Door to the other.
You can use CTLR-ALT-click to transfer attributes, but that will transfer all attributes, including the Marker settings.
But what if you Door is fine with all its settings you just want to transfer the Marker settings from another Door? It is only possible to do by setting all values of the Marker one by one. Door/Window Markers do not have Favorites.

The only workaround I can think of is that you open the Marker for editing (use the Open by Subtype command - its menu command is not part of the default Work Environment, but it can be found on the Edit GDL Library Parts toolbar. Then set the default parameters to your liking and save it under a new name.
Do this as many times as you need different Door Markers.
Then you can do what Matthew wrote: select a different Marker which will come in with its default settings, which are the ones you set to your liking.
SubTypes.png
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
peter spellman
Participant
Thanks for the detailed response. That is exactly what I was trying to
communicate.
I really appreciate both of your replies.

Peter
Rick Thompson
Expert
You could make your frequent window and doors favorites. Once stored they are available for any new application, and updating old ones.
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks laszlonagy,
I save the new one, but I couldn't load it...
I choose to load from the library and the file doesn't appear (none of the gsm file in that folder)
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You can always open any GSM file for editing using the Open by Subtype command.

Another thing is that a Door/Window Marker will not appear in any object setting dialog but it will appear in the list of selectable markers in the Dimension Marker panel of the Door/Window Settings Dialog.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
I just tried to create a new marker for quick placement as described here. I, too, was unable to see it in the list of markers.

Turns out the object defaults with PLACEABLE unchecked... Simply check it and it will appear!
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop