Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Library parts missing....

Anonymous
Not applicable
hey everyone..
i've been using archicad for a few months now and i'm starting to do some pretty nice thingz with it but i'm having this problem that is killing me!!
Some weird library problem....everytime i open archicad (i'm workin with version 11) i get this error message saying that some parts of the library couldn't be found or loaded...parts like zonestamps or materials and stuff like that...most of the time ot's all right cause i'm not using all the materials and other missing stuff but now that i'm gettin deeper into the program it's starting to anoy me....i downloaded the prgr from graphisoft's site and got an educational license with them (as i'm still studying) so this is not a pirate version problem i guess....everything is original and still...it's not working! i was planning on buying the program when i finish my studies but now that i'm getting all these weird problems i'm rethinkin that choice...
if anyone could orient me on how to load the missing parts maybe? or how to get it to work 100% !!
any tips or hint are welcome too.
thanks..
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
still no reply? yall don't know how to help on this particular subject or yall just didn't read the question?
peace..
Djordje
Ace
Check your loaded libraries. If missing library parts are reported, that means that the folder or LCF containing those parts is not loaded.

This is a very basic question, that you should know the answer to after going through the tutorials. As someone said, this is not a training forum or a school. You are supposed to know the basics of the software, and to ask the questions in a polite and informative manner. That usually works. Being assertive does not.

For the beginning, create your signature, containing the ArchiCAD version, build number, and the OS you use.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
quote "if anyone could orient me on how to load the missing parts maybe?"

quote "ask the questions in a polite and informative manner." ??????

so that wasn't polite enough djordje??

as i said...i'm new to archicad...i did all the tutorials and none of them explained to me how to fix that problem...i thought that since this is the official site of graphisoft i might be able to get good info from good people who know what they're talkin about...
but the answer was simply not getting to me...and i read a couple of the subjects on the forums without being able to find any help for that particular problem...
now..if this place is only for pro users and that i'm not suppose to make "very basic question, that you should know the answer" than it should be written somewhere....
djordje...we share the same name bro...i wasn't being "assertive" or whater that means...i was tryin to get a doubt cleared by someone who knows his thing..

peace..
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi giorgiomano,

Welcome to ArchiTalk!

I think what Djordje means is that this is not some kind of "Oracle" that you put your questions (politely or not) and it promptly gives you the answer...
Use it as a last resort...

Believe me... A user with your level of AC experience... 99,9% of your doubts are answered by the tutorials and reference manuals...

I've learned AC only by tutorials, manuals and searches for previous questions here in the forum...

Go deep in the tutorials and manuals... and you wont regret...

BTW... It seems that your problem is related with library management...
Take a look at the "Libraries" chapter in your reference manual...
I'm sure you will get the answer...

Good luck!
Djordje
Ace
giorgiomano wrote:
quote "if anyone could orient me on how to load the missing parts maybe?"

quote "ask the questions in a polite and informative manner." ??????

so that wasn't polite enough djordje??

as i said...i'm new to archicad...i did all the tutorials and none of them explained to me how to fix that problem...i thought that since this is the official site of graphisoft i might be able to get good info from good people who know what they're talkin about...
but the answer was simply not getting to me...and i read a couple of the subjects on the forums without being able to find any help for that particular problem...
now..if this place is only for pro users and that i'm not suppose to make "very basic question, that you should know the answer" than it should be written somewhere....
djordje...we share the same name bro...i wasn't being "assertive" or whater that means...i was tryin to get a doubt cleared by someone who knows his thing..

peace..
Hi namesake,

If you have the list of the missing objects when you open the file, a click on them also shows where they should be ... maybe they are not used at all? Any green dots on the plans? Anything missing?

You should in general have three libraries loaded:

- the standard ArchiCAd library
- the office library (if it exists ...)
- the project library (all the parts used only in that project)

Go to Libraries in the pull down menu and check what is loaded and what not. If the zones are not loaded, then the basic ArchiCAD library is not loaded properly.

You might have some libraries from the tutorial files loaded maybe? Or not?

Post a screen shot.

You see - we are now shooting in the dark. We practically answered you - check your loaded libraries. Now, what should be loaded, and, most importtantly, WHERE is the stuff that you need, depends on your organizing skills - or the lack of them. You should know where your parts are.

So do the signature, man, and read up on the libraries. Should be OK after that.
Djordje

HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
I knew something was weird with the answer i got at first!! i guess djordje was in a bad mood the day he read my question...or maybe misunderstood the tone i was using..i came here for help u know..not to have some guy telling me if i'm organized or not...or what i'm suppose to know...but i'm glad braza showed me that u can be welcoming!! i liked the detail of the answer too this time djordje..i thank u for that...but u don't need to say stuff like
quote "depends on your organizing skills - or the lack of them"
thats some shit u keep for urself or else u're forcing me to answer the way i did...and provoke my surprise as u're beeing so aggressive for some reason i don't understand...if u have a sad life...keep that for urself...we're here to talk about archicad..not ourselves bro...keep cool...
i thank u braza!! again, verry welcoming..it's the kind of answer i was expecting from the website..
well...enough said! thank u all for ur answers djordje and braza..
peace
Djordje
Ace
Cool it, bro ...

If you knew how to manage your libraries you would not be asking. The basis for the library management is to be organized and to know what is where.

You might be the best in the room that you are in - we all are. But you are out in the open of the world here. So please ...

Everyone who has long years of answering on this forum knows, usually from their own blunders, that the problem in 90% of the cases is between the chair and the monitor, and it's not the keyboard.
Djordje

HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Bro u still don't get me...i'm nowhere close to beeing the best or consider myslef best or worst and i'm not tryin to put some kind of positions as u're number one and he's number two...i don't give a shht about that man...Ima say this again...i came here for help so i was expecting to get some kind of help or tips on how to use the program...i wasn't expecting to have u sayin stuff about the guy asking the question...and not the question itself..but u made u're point..and again...i thank u for ur second answer...it did help me to kinda solve my problem...
so bro...keep it to answering question if u don't want to provoke such reactions from people posting messages..it's simple!!! we're not here to judge man...we're to help or get helped...
peace
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi giorgiomano
I've found that it's hard enough across language barriers, let alone cultures and then add in the general misunderstandings across any platform even with people of the same area/culture/language, that compound misunderstandings on forums.
I have certainly made my mistakes regarding forums.
I see where it got carried away.
But you should know that, I've been reading this forum for 3+yrs now, and
Djordje is one of the top kinder and gentler 'senior' members of this forum.
Sorry, but I think you misunderstood his intent, he was just trying to help.
Bier