Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC11 window tag problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
I did some searches on this and it sounds like to fix it is complicated. So I just wanted to make sure.

I'm using the standard circle window tag. The problem is, the tag aligns with the window, so if the window is vertical in plan, then the tag is vertical as well. I can't seem to rotate it so it reads horizontal. It makes the tag horizontal in elevation as well. It seems stupid not to be able to rotate the tag or am I missing something here ?

Picture 6.png
6 REPLIES 6
Erika Epstein
Booster
Depending on which marker you are using, there is a "Marker Direction" choice of Standard, Horizontal or Vertical. Try the Door Marker 11 or Door Marker_NCS 11. Both will give the graphic you want.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erika,

Once I set up the dimensional marker to look the way I want, is there a way to import those features to the other windows like a favorite ? Or do I have to set each one individually ? If I have to do that, then mind as well do an independent circle label and place it by each window.

The problem I originally posted was a Label tool which I can bring to other windows.
Erika Epstein
Booster
Tan,
There has been a lot of discussion about this recently. Do a search for Markers

this post
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=25498&highlight=markers.

To get around this, remember you can inject parameters of one window/door into the preview picture (bottom left corner of the settings box). If you have one window/door with the marker as you want it, when you are choosing your next door/window, inject the parameters of the first. Along with the marker, linetypes, pens, materials and other common parameters will be injected. Then you only have to set what is specific to that door/window.

Also, save favorites.
It would be good to be able to save marker settings by themselves as a favorite, but this is currently not possible.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

Anonymous
Not applicable
To get around this, remember you can inject parameters of one window/door into the preview picture (bottom left corner of the settings box)
Sorry, I'm not sure which which settings box you are referring to...

When I do an inject, say for a casement, but the window I want to use is a double-hung, it turns that casement into a double hung. It sounds like there is a different way of injecting attributes that I'm not familiar of. Can you elaborate more please.

Also, when do you use a "Label" vs. a "Marker" ?
Erika Epstein
Booster
See screen shot. The cursor is not visible in the screenshot. See also the section on Parameter Transfer Between Objects in the Help menu.

More questions?
Please fix your signature here and add your OS and archicad version first.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

Anonymous
Not applicable
ahhhhh hhaaaahhh !!

Got it. I didn't know you could do that.

Thanks.

(Mac OS 10.5.5, I'm on AC11 for this problem.)