Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Chief architect versus Archicad

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm a user of chief architect and I am looking for people that have switched over to archicad. What do they like and dislike
29 REPLIES 29
There have already been some discussions on this topic. I'd start with a search.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Anonymous
Not applicable
they are very old posts. i would like to find the latest discussions. chief has some issues that just irritate me.
I use the latest versions of both programs. I can tell you that the irritations will go away with AC, but will be replaced with some frustrations that you can't model a house as quickly as you could in Chief. You might also get frustrated that you don't have the extensive residential library of objects in AC that you have in Chief. This may or may not be a problem for you.

I can tell you that drafting in AC is light years ahead of Chief. Why not download a trial version of AC and try for yourself?
Richard
Anonymous
Not applicable
do you find it better to quickly model a house in chief architect and then draw it in archicad for the plans. I own a company called http://www.truebuilthome.com/
we have part of the plans done in chief but like i said,.... It irritates me when i go into the drafting end... and which one do you believe works better in the rendering end of things? I own maxwell render allready because i could not stand POVRAY
I find it better to create the design in Chief, then export the plans as DWG files, and then quickly recreate the model in AC.

I would look seriously at Artlantis Studio for rendering.

(BTW, I checked out your website. You have the most expensive plans I've ever seen! )
Richard
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have to maximize my profits in this down economy..... plus I personally sign each set as they leave.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Richard
Thanks for the insight regarding Chief and AC.

Dking
I looked at your web site.
I took it to be the cost to have the house built.
Did I misunderstand this?
Bier
Bier wrote:
Dking
I looked at your web site.
I took it to be the cost to have the house built.
Did I misunderstand this?
Bier
I was just joking with him because it looked like the home price could be interpreted as the price of the plans. But I doubt his plans are going for $100K +, as good as they may be.
Richard
Anonymous
Not applicable
ooppss
I missed the joke
Egg on my face..
Wasn't the first, won't be the last...
Bier
P.S.