BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

custom stair

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to create the attached stair with little luck. The AC stair maker seems out and I'm currently working with cadimagetools stairbuilder but it doesn't allow manipulation of individual treads. I have used cigraph's archistair in the past - it allows fully custom stair/tread shapes, but I'm on v.12 now and they don't seem on top of things regarding updates.

I could make it all out slabs but that would still leave me having to create an underside (maybe with objective or a ramp?) and if any dimension changes even slightly, I'd be re-building everything. It's still early in the design process so that's likely to happen.

argggg.

Any ideas how best to tacke this? any and all suggestions are appreciated!
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Chris.
Hopefully someone will come along with more info to help you.
I looked at Cadimages new 12 stair tool and it looked like they stretched out an end to stairs.
But can't recall if it would do winder and spread as yours seems to indicate.
By the way I like your concept.

Have you looked at newest Cadimage 12 version video?
Bier
ps
By the way, how is AC12 and Vista Ultimate getting along?
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Chris wrote:
I am trying to create the attached stair with little luck. The AC stair maker seems out and I'm currently working with cadimagetools stairbuilder but it doesn't allow manipulation of individual treads. I have used cigraph's archistair in the past - it allows fully custom stair/tread shapes, but I'm on v.12 now and they don't seem on top of things regarding updates.

I could make it all out slabs but that would still leave me having to create an underside (maybe with objective or a ramp?) and if any dimension changes even slightly, I'd be re-building everything. It's still early in the design process so that's likely to happen.

argggg.

Any ideas how best to tacke this? any and all suggestions are appreciated!
How do you want the underside? Is it relevant to model all of it?
btw I also like the smooth flow of the stair.
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Bier wrote:
Hi Chris.
Hopefully someone will come along with more info to help you.
I looked at Cadimages new 12 stair tool and it looked like they stretched out an end to stairs.
But can't recall if it would do winder and spread as yours seems to indicate.
By the way I like your concept.

Have you looked at newest Cadimage 12 version video?
Bier
ps
By the way, how is AC12 and Vista Ultimate getting along?
I checked out the video - you can modify stair runs - their perimeter shape and size, curves, etc. but you can;t modify individual treads beyond specifying some additional detail on the first tread.

No problems with v. 12 and vista ultimate, so far at least. It's running on a quad core system so the speed increase is life-changing!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Mats_Knutsson wrote:
How do you want the underside? Is it relevant to model all of it?
btw I also like the smooth flow of the stair.
The underside will be smooth, like a ramp below the stairs. I do want to model it as I'll be presenting interior 3D views.

thanks for the compliments!
Djordje
Ace
If you have a previous working version of ArchiStair, why not model it there and use in the new project?

Never uninstall old versions, especially if they are full of working Add Ons! 😉
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey nice stair, looks like one we did a while back for CBA except more free flowing
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
If you have a previous working version of ArchiStair, why not model it there and use in the new project?

Never uninstall old versions, especially if they are full of working Add Ons! 😉
That's an idea - I hadn't thought of that. I guess I would have to do some back and forth between versions to make modifications, but it seems like it could work.

As it happens, I just got the cigraph dongles today so I can now upgrade and keep it all in 12. Still not thrilled with cigraphs performance the last few months, though...
Learn and get certified!