Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

layers combination "funny box"

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok,,, I give up.

Can someone please give me a general idea on how/why you would want to use the funny group box I've circled in the attached image?
That would be the funny box between layer combinations and layers.
Could not find it in the manual p26-29 and did not understand the wiki.
I think I get all the concepts of layers and layer combinations, except just finally got curious about this seemingly (to me anyway) useless group, that showed up I think, in 11?
Thanks
Bier
2 REPLIES 2
Karl Ottenstein
OMG, that 'funny box' was the answer to many wishes and prayers and vastly speeds up maintaining layer combinations!

If you select a layer (as you have - zSEO's is your selected layer - you can read the name in the column heading), then the values in the circled columns are the values of THAT layer in EACH of the layer combinations.

So, you can just run down the entire list of Layer Combos and change the lock, visibility, wireframe and intersection priority of that layer in all combos just by clicking buttons ... and with no need to click Update.

Further, for any layer, you can READ its values in all layer combos - to determine if something is amiss with your intersection priorities, etc.

The old way of updating layer combos still works of course. Select a Combo (rather than a Layer) and then change the status values of any layers ... and THEN click the Update button in the combo (left) panel to update the combo to the current layer settings.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl Ottenstein
PS Just looked at the Help pages ... I must be blind, but I cannot see where they explain what I did below anywhere...
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB