Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

How to us the Mighty Mouse's 'wheel' click to grip the page.

Anonymous
Not applicable
On my PC desktop version of ArchiCAD the wheel click shortcuts to the hand tool so I can easily move the page around the same as in AutoCAD, however on my Macbook Pro and Mighty Mouse combination I can not seem to find a setting to replicate this, it really makes using archicad on my laptop fustratingly slow

Thanks for your help,
Richard
10 REPLIES 10
Eduardo Rolon
Check the MMouse configuration under System Preferences, under Keyboard and Mouse if there is not a separate pref pane for it. Alternative you can try USBoverdrive or Steermouse as options.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
No there does not seem to be an option for this under the mouse settings in archicad. I am aware of USBoverdrive however i'm sure there should be a way to do it without 'hacking' the system. Thank you though.
Eduardo Rolon
It is not in the mouse settings within AC it is in the mouse settings for Mac OS which resides within the System Preferences. If I remember correctly there you will find that the scroll wheel for the MM is disabled as a regular scroll wheel and that is the reason that it does not work within AC. As far as "hacking" with USBoverdrive (in my case Steermouse) it is one of the few softwares that I let do that type of action since I have never encountered any problems and they are more benign than the drivers that Logitech develop for their mice.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Dwight
Newcomer
I have the wireless Mighty Mouse. I guess it's tail got cut off in an accident, perhaps pursuant to a trap and cheese.

On my desktop MacPro, with no special software, pressing the grey mouse button in the middle there turns it into an Archicad panning tool.... with the hand.

Did you try this on the laptop?
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Dwight, that is exactly what I tried with no avail! I've even tried various mice it a vain attempt no joy!

Ejrolon, I looked under the Keyboard & Mouse settings and found that my middle button was set to Button Three, still no joy. I then used USBOverdrive and set my might mouse button to middle button and woohoo it works! I'm still not really happy with relying on a external program to get the pan function but I really happy it works!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry to dig up this old thread.

But im still not getting the pan feature to work on my new imac - even with USB overdrive.

Is it possible to get the pan feature using archicad keyboard shortcuts , or is this a built in system setting.

Havent tried steermouse but will look into this

Im loathe to spend nearly 20 bucks on a one trick pont utility!!!
Must be the scotsman in me!
Anonymous
Not applicable
in the Mighty Mouse PrefPane you have to assign the scroll wheel as "Button 3" (or something like that, i'm on german)

I do not use USB-Overdrive.

Works for me.
owen
Newcomer
I used to use USB Overdrive with 10.4 but have not had a problem getting Pan to work on the scroll wheel under 10.5 ... settings attached.

You can also set a keyboard shortcut for Pan in your Work Environment if you want
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks gersten and owen , that seems to have done the trick putting the middle button to button 3, took a few goes though!

not sure that the mighty mouse is right for me, (think that Jonathon Ive must have had the day off) butwill perservere for a while longer.

Thanks again for all the help