Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

text in 3d

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Could anybody tell me how to apply the text on solid.
thankx
14 REPLIES 14
vistasp
Advisor
Hi,

If you're looking for 3D text, the object exists in the library. If it's something else, then I've misunderstood the question.
= v i s t a s p =
bT Square Peg
https://archicadstuff.blogspot.com
https://www.btsquarepeg.com
| AC 9-27 INT | Win11 | Ryzen 5700 | 32 GB | RTX 3050 |
Anonymous
Not applicable
vistasp wrote:
Hi,

If you're looking for 3D text, the object exists in the library. If it's something else, then I've misunderstood the question.
maybe misunderstood? well, simple example: there is a wall and I need to put a text on it ,we are talking that everything is in 3d view.I dont have a problem puting a text on surfaces at 2D, but you dont see them in generic perspective view
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Aurimas:

2D elements (text, lines, etc) do not appear in the model (3D window). Using the Object Tool, change the "Folder View" to "Find Library Parts" and search for the "Text 3D" object to show text as part of the model.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
David wrote:
Aurimas:

2D elements (text, lines, etc) do not appear in the model (3D window). Using the Object Tool, change the "Folder View" to "Find Library Parts" and search for the "Text 3D" object to show text as part of the model.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
You will be laughing all day from my signature:) anyway thanks a lot for help
Anonymous
Not applicable
Aurimas, you can also use textures for applying text to a particular surface. It takes much less resources of your computer, then 3D text does. But you'll see the text after rendering only (you are so sceptic about your configuration, so it might be not OpenGL-compatible). Anyway, read ArchiCAD help about textures and try to use them. If you have 1-2 specific surfaces, where you want to write some text - this way is for you. Mastering textures takes some time, but it worth doing.

Cheers,
Leo
Anonymous
Not applicable
"Leo Roitman" wrote:
Aurimas, you can also use textures for applying text to a particular surface. It takes much less resources of your computer, then 3D text does. But you'll see the text after rendering only (you are so sceptic about your configuration, so it might be not OpenGL-compatible). Anyway, read ArchiCAD help about textures and try to use them. If you have 1-2 specific surfaces, where you want to write some text - this way is for you. Mastering textures takes some time, but it worth doing.

Cheers,
Leo[/quot

I will try both, thanks a lot 4 advice, one more thing? what do you mean saying that my configuration could be not OpenGL compatible?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Aurimas wrote:
What do you mean saying that my configuration could be not OpenGL compatible?
You wrote about a lot of laughing from your signature, so I decided that your platform can be rather old. Actually it isn't. You don't describe your video card in the signature, so I can't say for sure, but it can support OpenGL.

There are two engines in 3D window: ArchiCAD's internal engine and OpenGL. The second one uses hardware acceleration of your video card. This mode can display textures in 3D window.

Cheers,
Leo
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hy
I have another question about TEXT 3D. Is there possible to rotate text under OY axe.
I know that the TEXT 3D can be rotate under ox and oz

Thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable
To Aurimas: There is third way. May be Picture object from ArchiCAD standard library is suitable for you (Furnishing/Decoration). You can define image of your text as a picture in 3D.

To horia: I guess it's not a good practice to change topic theme. It would be better to start a new one. This helps other member to find out the discussion, if he has similar question.
P.S. I don't know the answer. I know suitable GDL trick and ArchiRotate add-on (http://www.cigraph-store.com/html/home/ArchiRotate_WebSite/ArchiRotate.htm) only.