BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Who can convert 2D Drawings into 3D Archicad ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just had a plan drawn using archicad and the I need someone to transfer the 3 x Townhouses that I have in 2D into 3D onto Archicad.

Does anyone know of anyone that does this and at what cost. I can supply a 2D dimension of the 2 story 3x townhouses and a 3D plan that was given to me on paper.

Total floor plan is approx 700m2

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
cmelbau wrote:
Just had a plan drawn using archicad and the I need someone to transfer the 3 x Townhouses that I have in 2D into 3D onto Archicad.

Does anyone know of anyone that does this and at what cost. I can supply a 2D dimension of the 2 story 3x townhouses and a 3D plan that was given to me on paper.

Total floor plan is approx 700m2

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
send me your drawings to necko77@gmail.com to check it out !
Anonymous
Not applicable
please check your pm !

Some very clever Russians developed a plug-in called Plan2model to do this. It was done for an earlier version of AC and not updated.

One more in a long line of plug-ins that surface here and then disappear. Japanese shadow study plug-in anyone?

If you could track down the software and an earlier copy of ArchiCAD, you might be able to bring the model forward into a newer version.

Clever, clever Russians. When I grow up I think I'd like to be an oligarch.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Erika Epstein
Booster
Plan2Model was ok; results were only as accurate as the dWG it was based on.
I recommend learning to use the program. With favorites set up properly constructing a model will be accurate, and can go quite quickly.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Learn and get certified!