BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Need Help with Sketch Rendering

Anonymous
Not applicable
I hope someone can help me with obtaining this kind of sketch rendering. Ive tried everything that I know and I still cant get it to look right. The first rendering is what I keep getting. What I want to achieve is something simple such as the 2nd rendering which is not mine. Please help. Thanks!

1st image is my mine.
I want to achieve 3rd Rendering.

I use AC10
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
The images are too tiny to really see, and I'm not sure which one is the one you are calling 1st. I can't really be sure what the goal rendering looks like, but it appears that only some surfaces have color?

You can accomplish what I think I see in several ways. The easiest involves Photoshop (or similar) or Piranesi.

For Photoshop, generate the sketch render as well as a LightWorks render. Layer the sketch on top of the render on top of a white background. Add a layer mask to the render and hide everything. Adjust the layer blending mode and opacity of the sketch layer to get the line appearance you'd like. Then on the render layer, paint in the mask layer to restore some of the rendering color - soft brush, less than 100% opaque brush or whatever style you're after.

For Piranesi, just save as Piranesi epix from the 3D window, open in Piranesi and paint away. Take a look here:
http://www.piranesi.co.uk/news/news_reviews.asp

30 day free trial.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks! Maybe I wasnt super clear on what I wanted to achieve. I'll find other ways to get it done.
Anonymous
Not applicable
There was a great screenshot with settings:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=26828
It would be great if you posted your best result with a screen shot too.
Good luck!
Learn and get certified!