Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Nested module invisible

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just started working on a small project.Want to practice using hotlinked modules.I have a master plan(pln) , it has 3 separate plans(pln) for the 3 apartments and those have flat types.I created modules for the flat types ,linked it to the block plans and linked the block plans into the master plan.The flat types are fine in block plans , but invisible in the master plan (checked settings , they show ok in the dialog box and there is no skip nested ticked).Does anyone know about possible reasons?I checked the help , didn't resolve this.Tried deleting , re-linking , updating etc. no gain.Please share it if you have any idea.

Thanks

Norbert (by the way I work in AC12)
8 REPLIES 8
Erika Epstein
Booster
Are the module layers showing?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Erika,

I was saving the module off the block plan , so uses the same layers as the plan it was derived from and all those layers and their contents are visible when linked to the master plan.
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Norbert wrote:
Hi Erika,

I was saving the module off the block plan , so uses the same layers as the plan it was derived from and all those layers and their contents are visible when linked to the master plan.
The MOD itself resides on a Layer -- make sure that Layer is on.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
And don't forget to vote in your own wish / poll.
Karl Ottenstein
I'm not sure why this is a wish/poll? This seems like a simple question about usage...?

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Erika Epstein
Booster
Laura wrote:
The MOD itself resides on a Layer -- make sure that Layer is on.
This is what I was [poorly] referring to.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
o.k.

First of all ,

Apologies I might have placed my topic to the wrong section , I'll double check it next.

Thanks for all your answers.

The hotlink was on the correct layer and it was turned on and therefore - proves that it's us making mistakes not the PC - it was appearing on the screen.Let me explain it . As mentioned earlier there are 3 "stages" in my project 1.master plan 2. apartment blocks 3.unit layouts . Reason I set it up this way is , that the apartments are in different angles , so wanted to avoid having to work in 16.72 degrees on my screen.Therefore , obviously , my project origin at "stage" 1 & 2are different (stage 3 is same as 2).When I bring stage 3 modules into stage 2 its all fine.When I bring stage 2 into stage 1 ( remember I need to rotate the hotlinked plan to suit the master plan ) ,for some reason I don't know yet , the nested stage 3 module automatically orientates to the origin of the master plan , so it's relative position to the apartment is "broken"(I found it ca. 200 m from the place where it should be ).I have checked , but didn't find any setting to resolve it.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I know what happens. When I place the unit layouts into the pln of the apartment , its all fine(seems like ).But , when I update my module , it dislocates itself (similar symptom as with updates of drawings on layouts).Then I need to drag it back and can freely copy it , use it as nested module, there is no problem any more.I believe this problem can be fixed with ArchiCAD 12 hotfix1 82448 FILE.Will test it and let you know.