BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

walk through. virtual tour.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys,
I've got a few log cabins to make a presentation movie for, I don't really like the fly over I want to get inside the cabin, to make a presentation of all the rooms, is any plugin to do this or how it's possible.

I use archicad 11.

Thanks for help.
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
You could create a fly through by placing a series of connected cameras in the rooms forming a route through the building, which you can render into a movie. This can be done in ArchiCAD with lightworks, but better results can be achieved using Artlantis.

The alternative might be to use Virtual Building Explorer, and explore the building in real time. This may be for AC12 only, but I'm not sure.
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks is working, the only problem is that is not generating the movie at a high quality even if i've setup the maximum one in settings, is not take in calculation the effects of glass, water, etc... like in the 3d pictures rended, any solution please?

Regards,
John.
Dwight
Newcomer
You'll have the fly-thru source wrong: Tell it you want the product from the photorendering, not the 3D window.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi John,

Make sure you have selected 'Photorendering Window' in the fly-through settings. For the best settings that control the movie coding method, have a search of the forums for 'fly through' as I believe it has been discussed before.

"The settings" you mention you have set to maximum were the render settings I presume? Don't set the window size too large otherwise you will be waiting for years for it to finish! You may also find you have to drop the quality down a bit as it sometimes runs out of memory halfway through.

Also try setting the anti-aliasing one notch below best, as this allows all processor cores to be used, so speeding things up. This will of course reduce the quality of the finished movie, so perhaps do a short test movie to check this is acceptable.
Dwight
Newcomer
I hate to disagree with a respected colleague, but when generating an animation with LightWorks, and there are patterned surfaces like granite or anything with a tiny pattern, you might experience an unpleasant and embarrassing [i know] effect called "texture squirm" if anti-alias is NOT set to the best possible setting. Watch out for it.......
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Peter wrote:
...This will of course reduce the quality of the finished movie, so perhaps do a short test movie to check this is acceptable.
I completely agree with you, Dwight. That's kind of what I meant, I just didn't put it in so many words! Thank you for adding the extra information.
Dwight
Newcomer
The only reason i spoke up was that my personal experience with a granite counter top turning into a gyrating worm mating dance is not exactly parallel with your understated "reduce the quality…"

The irony of this is that just when we need speed and quality, LightWorks only accesses one processor.

Yet another way to know that it is time for Artlantis.
Dwight Atkinson
Dwight
Newcomer
And… that job was also the one where I learned that the Rendering Method "FINAL" lets the fourth layer of glass turn to plywood.
Dwight Atkinson
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Peter wrote:
The alternative might be to use Virtual Building Explorer, and explore the building in real time. This may be for AC12 only, but I'm not sure.
This looks cool... but guess us Mac people will have to wait...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Learn and get certified!