BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Is it possible to show a wall as a SINGLE LINE?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
Is it possible to show a wall as a SINGLE LINE? I am trying to Save As DXF so all the walls will end up as SINGLE LINES.

Thanks,
Joseph
3 REPLIES 3
Thomas Holm
Booster
No walls have zero thickness. But if you want clean DXFs and DWGs, turn off all fills and use Hairline display (instead of True lineweight) when you export (Save As DXF/DWG) from the floor plan.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Joseph wrote:
Hi,
Is it possible to show a wall as a SINGLE LINE? I am trying to Save As DXF so all the walls will end up as SINGLE LINES.

Thanks,
Joseph
What exactly do you mean? Do you want the DWG to show wall thickness by the single line weight? You want lines instead of polylines? Trouble with the fills? Perhaps Thomas has already answered your question.

BTW: Why DXF. DWG is far superior.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:
Joseph wrote:
Hi,

Thanks,
Joseph
What exactly do you mean? Do you want the DWG to show wall thickness by the single line weight? You want lines instead of polylines? Trouble with the fills? Perhaps Thomas has already answered your question.

BTW: Why DXF. DWG is far superior.
My structural program (Risa) only imports DXF and likes to pick up walls as single polylines vs. multi line showing actual thickness of the wall.
The work around I came up with is in DXF translator's Layer setting the Skin Separator to a specific layer, so I use that specific layer to import to the Risa. Of course as long as the core wall includes a skin.
Thanks,
Joseph
Learn and get certified!