Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

dimensioning and tracing

Anonymous
Not applicable
Where is the tool/button stored that when activated shows the length of a line. On the same full screen width toolbar/palette is a button to turn on the trace tool. I can not find and get this onto my screen...and then find a way to make it stay open on my screen 100%l of the time.

Without it AC 12 is useless for me as I know of no other way to layout walls etc. And after spending hours trying to locate it I am ready to give up on AC completely.
Thanks
11 REPLIES 11
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
I think you're referring to the Standard Toolbar -- go to Window > Toolbars > Standard to activate; otherwise, I suggest reverting to a default Work Environment.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your prompt reply and try to ease my nerves. However, turning off and on the check for toolbar/standard shows no change on my desktop...Got another option..?
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Go to Options > Work Environment > Work Environment..., select a default Profile (such as "Standard Profile 12"), and Apply.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Congratulations you fond it...(under Palette Schemes)
NOW could you help me find out why does it go away with a miss click of the mouse and how can I make it not do that or get it back in one stroke instead of 5 minutes ?
Thanks you save my day/week/month /year.
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
I always keep my palettes docked, so I've never had the problem, but I suspect you have moved your palette and it accidentally gets closed or buried amongst a number of windows. Keep the palette docked OR revert to the default Work Environment when it gets lost OR create your own Work Environment if you like a different setup from the default profile.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Laura -
yes those are excellent directions for a PC...however on a MAC the boxes do not lock...yet...many with Snow Leopard I can only hope.
All good things (Apple) have areas that are not so good..such is life.
again many thanks Now at least know where to go to find this.
Paul
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
O -- I didn't realize that you're on a Mac (you might want to add your system specs to your signature line) -- maybe a fellow Mac user out there will have a better suggestion.
Erich
Contributor
There should not be any issue.

Turn on your Coordinates pallet in your work environment. Then make sure that you save your WE so that the pallet stays open the next time you start up AC.

HTH
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
atelier wrote:
Laura -
yes those are excellent directions for a PC...however on a MAC the boxes do not lock...yet...many with Snow Leopard I can only hope.
All good things (Apple) have areas that are not so good..such is life.
again many thanks Now at least know where to go to find this.
Paul
what mac are you using?
I'm on a mac and all the tool boxes etc are docked, no problems! ... well other than the occasional accidental auto-hide of the navigator...

set it all up as you want it, go to the work environment and save your profile (you have to save each subsection first, then an overall profile)