Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Weird problem.

Arcadia
Booster
I have a problem - seemingly with just one file. When I hold the curser over any part of the model (objects, lines whatever) the program starts 'pulsing'. What I mean by this is that the drawing diseapears momentarily and while doing so the busy cursor comes up. It is like it is redrawing every second. Help!

The only difference with this file to others I have is that I am drawing a second dwelling next to the orignal model as it is very similar so I am just copying and pasting stuff from the original building into the new one to save time and then will delete whatever is left of the old one when I am finished. Is it something to do with this?
V12-V27, PC: Ryzen 9 3950X, 64g RAM, RTX5000, Win 11
6 REPLIES 6
Thomas Holm
Booster
If it only happens when you're placing a copy (that's moving with the cursor), then it's because of the copying operation. But if it happens all the time regardless, I think it's a graphic card issue.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Arcadia
Booster
I can't be the graphics card as the problem doesn't occur with other model files. And its not just when I am placing a copy it is even when I hold the arrow selection curser over an item.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Arcadia wrote:
I can't be the graphics card as the problem doesn't occur with other model files. And its not just when I am placing a copy it is even when I hold the arrow selection curser over an item.

I had this problem before, and one of the things that were suspicious is the curtain wall ( not sure if you have any in your file ) but I had to turn all off ( first I tried to set it all to symbolic) . however it turned to be an internal error in the file caused by CW. I had to start a new file and copy elements and start CW from a scratch . ( not sure which points are shared with your case but that what happened to me ) and BTW it was on mac .
Arcadia
Booster
Well I haven't solved this problem but it diseappears when I turn off a particular trace reference. Recreating the view that I was using as a trace reference doesn't solve it either. The particular view is a layer group consisting of rectangualr polygons representing the outlines of concrete pre-cast modules and some dimensions and thats it.

I dont have any curtain walls in the job.
Stress Co_
Advisor
I've had a similar issue on a Mac.

I assume it doesn't happen when trace is off?
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Arcadia
Booster
No with trace off it was fine so I just carried on with the job. I've just checked again and the problem seems to have diseapeared now. Not sure what was going on.