Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Creating Custom GDL Windows

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone know how to create and save a custom GDL window. I have already created the window and saved it as a .gsm and as a window. The problem i have is when i place the window in a wall, the window comes in horizontal instead of vertical like all other windows. Does this have anything to do with the position the assembly is in when i initially save it as a .gsm file?
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Indeed, you'll need to position your camera in Axonometry View to get a top view of your assembly, then save as... Have a look at Interactive Training Modules > Building Objects Creation : http://www.graphisoft.com/products/archicad/training_guides/

Good luck
Anonymous
Not applicable
Or AC 12 Reference Guide pages 321-322
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks for the response. Yeah, i did go into the parallel projections settings dialog, and clicked on the top view camera position, then did the save. I also did the elevation view, still the same result though.
Erika Epstein
Booster
When you save it from the 3D window as a library part, are you choosing the WINDOW as the type of object?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
In fact, you don't need the 'top view camera position' icon... Try Side View and turn the camera above : open the 3D window again and you should see the top projection of your assembly . Then save as...
Anonymous
Not applicable
yeah, i am saving it as a window. I also did try the 'side view' in the projections settings, not sure what you mean by 'turn the camera above : open the 3D window again and you should see the top projection of your assembly'. Do you just mean to rotate the view in the 3d window by using orbit to get a plan view of the assembly again?

thanks
Erika Epstein
Booster
Try this
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just tried that method, still same result, comes in sideways. I don't think you can rotate the window once its in the wall, to make it upright, or can you?
Here is a look at what is happening.
3-20-2009 10-42-16 AM.jpg
Erika Epstein
Booster
K,
Start over.
follow the trainging guide
custom window creation

Add your OS and Archicad version to your signature.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System