Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Artlantis help...perforations & custom 2D entourage??

Anonymous
Not applicable
Im trying to get a wall to look perforated with circles like this at a more organic and random pattern...any ideas on how to do this in Artlantis?

Also, Im going for something like these more artistic impression renderings for a scheme proposal, any tips on getting this set up in Artlantis then obviously some major post processing in PS?

And one other thing....how can I make my own 2D people and trees to place in Artlantis, like the ones in this render with the color scheme....
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
another example of what im trying to do...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

You need to use a texture with an alphachannel for the perforations. Then apply that texture to the invisible shader.

To use your own 2d people and trees in Artlantis you need to make a billboard. There is a little piece of software called Billboardbuilder to create billboards. http://www.mirarkitektur.com/mirasoft/BBBuilder The billboards you create with it have a white line around them.

I hope this helps you

Sjaak
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ill give BBBuilder a try...are the "white lines" permanent??

Also...I know I should know how to do this by now, but exactly how do you create an alpha channel?

Any other tips on getting renders like these?

Thanks so much!
Anonymous
Not applicable
The white lines are unfortunately permanent.

For alphachannels: http://www.artlantisobjects.com/html/alpha_channel_creation.php

For the colorschemes. Experiment with the postprocessing feature in the camera settings dialog. It is the little button with the red/green/blue stripes at the top of the dialog. Mixing another color of light can do things for you.

Sjaak
Anonymous
Not applicable
OK so now I have another question...I have about 100 objects in my scene that I just want to merge into one material so that i can easily set their color and transparency, etc without having to set it and copy it to EACH one EVERY time...any way to do this? I try to merge all with same shader but its grayed out...
Dwight
Newcomer
Do they have the same material name?

If so, rightclick "apply to all instances" might do it.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Heres a snap of part of the list of objects....they all have the same material assigned to them, but applying to all instances only works within each object subset (ie, man_xx or man2_xx)...so editing textures across all the objects takes forever because I have to change each subset everytime, and theres abut 10 or 15 subsets...

I know Ive been able to merge all with same material before, but I dont understand why it wont work here?