Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Detail plans

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi to all,

I'm in a process of construction documents of a project which I already have floor plans, elevation, sections, but I need to make detailed plans of the bathrooms, closets, kitchens, etc.
What is the best way to do this?

Thanks!
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
internal elevation tool.. down the left side tool bar
Erich
Contributor
Since you say you want detail plans, I assume that you mean an enlarged plan of a particular room such as a bathroom. If that is the case, I would suggest that you create another plan view with it's own Model View Options, scale,layer combinations, etc.

You can then add the necessary information to this view rather than your normal floor plan. Of course you will need a note layer that is seen in the enlarge plan and not the regular floor plan.

In your layout you will need to manually adjust the placed view to just show the room in question.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
In addition to Erich's suggestions, if you save the view using "Current zoom" when you place that view on the layout it will be cropped to the zoomed area.

We usually place a masking fill with a hole in it to obscure areas outside the room or area you're enlarging. There can be a bit of juggling to do with text / leaders (or labels) and display order, but it's pretty easy to select it all and "bring to front"
Barry Kelly
s2art wrote:

We usually place a masking fill with a hole in it to obscure areas outside the room or area you're enlarging. There can be a bit of juggling to do with text / leaders (or labels) and display order, but it's pretty easy to select it all and "bring to front"
Or create 2 views of the enlarged room purely for placing on the layouts (not for working on).

One has all the layers you need but not the text layer.
The other has just the text layer and nothing else.
When placed on top of each other in the layout you have all the correct layers on again.
The beauty of this is you can crop the drawing with no text to show just the amount of room space that you need - similar to the hole in your white fill but eliminatesthe backwards and forwards juggling.

Of course you still have a view with all of the correct layers on so that you can work on the plan (you don't place this on the layouts - it's just for working on).
You just have to get used to the fact that the text/dimensions will overlap the walls while you are working on the plans but will not be so in the layouts.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you all for your answers, but I was thinking if it is better to use a worksheet drawing for each one of the spaces I want to detai?
what do you think about this?
Thanks!
Erich
Contributor
While you could do that... if you really wanted to, the views would no longer be live and would only be lines and fills.

I think one of the methods above would be a much better choice.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, I thought about it, but it is not very clear to me what you all suggest, can you please explain it a little bit more?
Thanks!
Erich
Contributor
rucailo,

Which method, or what in the methods, is unclear? Take a look at the ArchiCAD reference guide (found under the help menu) to learn more about views.

All the suggestions require a view set up for for the enlarged plan. s2art uses a fill placed in the view or in the layout to mask areas that you do not want seen on the layout. Barry's method enables the notes to be separated from the plan to a certain degree to ease working. Elsewhere in the forum the concept of using a worksheet and trace reference for annotation was also suggested and is interesting enough to bring up again. In that case you would place the view of the plan and then overlay a view of the worksheet (both on the layout).
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
27" iMac Retina 5K