Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Strech Texture in Artlantis

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, this is my first post here and it's about if anyone knows how to solve this problem of the UV mapping when I export from ArchiCAD to Artlantis.
This is a slab with one single texture in all the parts of it. When I change the Textures in Artlantis this happens...now i've trying to change the UV Map with the properties of mapping that comes with Artlantis (Planar, Orthogonal, Vertical, Spheric, X and Y Cylindric, UV and Planetary) but nothing.
Any help would be great!
2 REPLIES 2
Karl Ottenstein
Interesting. I get results like yours if I drag a new texture onto the slab and repeat it H/V as "vertical" is the default texture mapping. When I switch to UV, the texture applies to the edges fine ... but the top surface and edges do not 'wrap'. No distortion, just no alignment of the texture on the other surfaces.

I can duplicate the material and assign a duplicate to the edges and then align them. But, yeah, it is weird that the original maps and wraps, and the newly dragged texture doesn't wrap... would think that the same UV map would be used.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah i've tryed like u to give diferent textures to the slabs directly in archicad and works fine.
This is a weird thing about the mapping coming from archicad, it should have a UV tool jajajaja