BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ArchiCAD building component modeling & shop drawings

Hubert Wagner
Participant
Hello List :

I'd like to create a single drawing which shows the four sides of a single post. In other words, I want to find a way to create a composition of four elevations which could be dimensioned and used as a shop drawing.

One can create four elevations and then copy three into the fourth. However the copied images are no longer linked to the datamodel so do not show modifications. And this approach is tedious if there are more than one or two posts.

Is there a cunning way to do this?

Regards : Douglas Wagner

PS : Apple script or a similar scripting language would be a great addition to ArchiCAD.
3 REPLIES 3
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Douglas wrote:
One can create four elevations and then copy three into the fourth. However the copied images are no longer linked to the datamodel so do not show modifications. And this approach is tedious if there are more than one or two posts.
Is there a cunning way to do this?
Just drop the four elevation views into a single layout. They all appear on the same sheet and stay 'live' too.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Hubert Wagner
Participant
Hello Mr Wessel :

Thank you for your response. You refer to Plotmaker I believe. I've not had much occasion to use that software. I'll have another look.

I was hoping to find a solution within ArchiCAD.

Regards : Douglas Wagner
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Douglas wrote:
Thank you for your response. You refer to Plotmaker I believe. I've not had much occasion to use that software. I'll have another look.
I was hoping to find a solution within ArchiCAD.
PlotMaker only exists in older versions of ArchiCAD (v9 or earlier). From ArchiCAD 10 onward, all of this functionality is built into ArchiCAD. So if you want to do this all in ArchiCAD, the answer is simple - upgrade.

If you have a query like this, it would be a very good idea to note your ArchiCAD version and the operating system you are using it on. Many members have added this info to their signature (I don't because the list would be enormous).
Ralph Wessel BArch
Learn and get certified!