Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

sun study for plan

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi

please can I put shadow on the floor plan as vidoe ( sun study) because when i do it in 3d view i should remove slape or roof ineed that with shadow of roof and vidoe becouse i know way to do that as pic (by copy shadow only form 3d view _top_ and past as fill)

thank you
3 REPLIES 3
Erika Epstein
Booster
Look in your archicad help when archicad is open. Do a search. It is simple to set up and run.

Please add your Operating system and archicad version to your profile.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
I search not found any thing please like that pic
Anonymous
Not applicable
If I understand you correctly, the question you are asking is "How can I do a sun study of the floor plan, but with the roof still in position so you can see the shadows cast from it?"

Palawat gives a possible solution here.

To paraphrase - Set up a new lightworks material with the material's Colour Class set to Plain > pure black and set the Transparency Class to Plain > pure black also. Temporarily apply this material to the roof and any other structures you need to see through but still want to cast shadows.

Apparently there are some issues with multiple light sources, but give it a go anyway!

What's really needed is a true 'shadowcaster' material/shader. One that's completely transparent, yet still casts a solid shadow.

I wonder if Artlantis has this function? Dwight?

Hope that helps!