Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Adding extra data to zone stamp

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I was wondering if there is a way you can add extra data to the stamp of each zone of the virtual building I'm creating.

In order for my residential project to comply with the health standards, for each room (kitchen, living, dining etc.) I need to show the total window area, and the minimum required window area. So for example if X is the total room area, the minimum window area is X*1/8 (total area divided by eight).

Is there somehow I can add these two parameters to the stamp list? Something like:

1 - Room Name
2 - Room Number
3 - Total Room Area
4 - Room Height
5 - Minimum Window Area
6 - Design Window Area

Thanks!
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Enrico,

This is pretty simple to achieve with a bit of GDL-
select the standard zone stamp and open it up as an object - save as
"your zone stamp"
add a parameter called min_windows and change type to boolean - on/off

Go to the 2d script page and add the following underneath similar code for volume etc.
if winActual then
   n=n+1
	vlen =vlen + shight
  sWinActual= str("%.3",room_winds_surf/8)
   Text2 2,-vlen, sWinActual
endif
you can do the same for the required design percentage just add a text parameter to the stamp to take this value and put it in text2 block

-im guessing you want this in to advise for ventillation requirements. The room_winds_surf parameter gives the total area of windows wheither they open or not so you will need to take this into account- there is no easy way of getting that information from a zone stamp.