Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Exporting to ElectricImage

Fran_ois Chatelain
Contributor
Hi there,
since my original post in the "exporting to C4D" thread remains unanswered, which I can understand, here's a repost under a new header 😉
Would it be possible for someone at GS to have a look at the ElectricImage export plugin.
What happens is that I've just upgraded my Quad G5 to a 8 core Macintel machine and the Intel version of the plugin doesn't work. The PPC version was fine.
The Intel version flags all the normals to 0 (instead of 1) and the result is a fact file with no geometry. Fairly annoying to say the least.
Hopefully someone can help with this.
Thank you in anticipation for your help.

Please note that I'll be on holidays until the 27th of July and might not be able to check this post for the next week.

Cheers
Francois

PS: for those interested, here's a render made with EIAS v8...
François Chatelain
Worldwide Digital Imaging
Formerly posting as RanXerox
"A little bump will help blur your reflections"
2 REPLIES 2
Rod Jurich
Contributor
François wrote:
/.............. PS: for those interested, here's a render made with EIAS v8...
François, sorry cannot help with our problem, but let me say that is some dunny
Great pic, thanks. Trust your break went well.
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
Fran_ois Chatelain
Contributor
Hi Rod,
thanks for the kind comment.
It was a fun little project to work on, all modelled 1:1, there's so much detail in there that can't unfortunately be seen at low res
Sorry about the image's title, it was too late when I realised... but sometimes I just can't help it. Aussie slang is simply one of the most colourful languages for me
Cheers
Francois
François Chatelain
Worldwide Digital Imaging
Formerly posting as RanXerox
"A little bump will help blur your reflections"