BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

student version pln to commercial pln

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi
I think I know the answer but I am doing some contract design work for an old firm I used to work at - they had a student do some modeling in Student v12 (he has done a great job and was paid - I know, I know, he should not be doing paid work but has worked at the firm during a year out using their bona fide v12 licence)
We need to convert this to a commercial pln to continue - is there a way around this??
This was an error and the firm runs 4 commercial licences but cannot present plans with Student Version plastered over them

thanks
Harry M
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
I believe you are unfortunately out of luck.
Can't be done or everyone would be doing that.
You might be able to import some layouts as a trace reference?
But that's it I think.
I think I once took a commercial version to a student version, (at a college I was attending), but it was a one way trip.
adzik
Newcomer
Well if you only need the drawings on paper then you can just create the layouts on a slightly larger page format (about 5-10 cm larger) and then just cut off the edges after printing.

For editing the model in the commercial version there really isn't no solution. If the model is finished and you just need to bring it to the commercial version then try saving the whole model as an object and then placing it in the commercial version.
Running ArchiCAD 23 INT.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks guys
I know the print work-around but this project has to progress as v12 pln and be teamworked - so I will try IFC export and if that does not work I will remodel- and charge for it!
Learn and get certified!