Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

3DS output settings? Which ones??

rob2218
Enthusiast
Hello,
sending a 3DS file to a friend so he can render it in MAX and VIZ.
what are the best settings to use at this menu screen???
Please advise.
see attached image.

3DS-format-output.JPG
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
rob2218 wrote:
what are the best settings to use at this menu screen?
Hey Rob,

I personally use the "Construct 3D Studio objects according to: Materials" option (this way I find it easier to later apply materials in 3dsMax). Set the drawing units according to whatever units you're using (I'm guessing that in your case, those would be inches).

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Adrian Tudoreanu
rob2218
Enthusiast
thanks....I'll try the "Materials" setting. i can't ever seem to remember which one of these settings I've used in the past for easier results in VIZ/Max...appreciated.

RR
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
rob2218
Enthusiast
Was looking thru the Archicad manual......and I'm trying to find where there is an explanation of what these different types of 3DS output variables do.....where can I find it?
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Djordje
Ace
rob2218 wrote:
Was looking thru the Archicad manual......and I'm trying to find where there is an explanation of what these different types of 3DS output variables do.....where can I find it?
Take a look also through the Data exchange and information sharing forum, as well as Presentation - rendering and multimedia. The best practices for 3ds export have been explained there multiple times.

Did you try to type 3ds export in the Search field in the upper right of the ArchiCAD Talk? You get this:

http://www.graphisoft.com/search.html?cx=016369766763115334110%3A5r0dku09nla&cof=FORID%3A9&ie=utf-8&...

Good luck,
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen