Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Graphic Problem! Please Help!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Di Ho!

I have a stupid problem with your program I am very unhappy with... I hope you can help me out...^-^...

THIS is the Problem... The Graphics make it impossible to work with it, it seems as if there is 1/3 if the upper part of the Display, that refreshes correctly after I drag anything or move the Perspective I have... this graphic problem shows some frames of the Object I just drag, like a frozen Windows Window...

What can I do...?... The latest Update of ArchiCad told me that there is no version installed (I browsed, but he did not know what file he is searching for, so I couldn´t show him the File he was looking for...)...

My Graphic Card is a geforce 7600 GO with the latest Drivers... [/img]
5 REPLIES 5
Karl Ottenstein
This is most likely a setting for your display driver. You need to go into your advance nVidia settings and turn Vertical Synch OFF:

http://www.archicadwiki.com/TechNotes/3D%20or%202D%20Window%20Partly%20Refreshing

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=52783&highlight=vertical+synch#52783

Cheers,
Karl

PS This used to only be an issue with the 3D window, but with 12, more OpenGL features are used in 2D as well, so I guess that is why you are seeing this problem.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.5, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you so much, this was the Solution...

First I changed the VSynch, nothing happened with ArchiCad, I tried to install new Drivers but it occured that NVidia Drivers cannot be installed on the COMPAL geForce 7600 GO (256 MB), because Compal has it´s exclusive Drivers on their Homepage for Download... sadly, those are old and none of the new ones can be installed...

However, after the Change in the nVidia Control Panel and the Reboot everything seems allright...^-^...

Thanks again...
Karl Ottenstein
Glad that worked. I just updated the Wiki page to mention that it applies to 2D in 12 also, in case somebody else runs into this problem too.

Cheers,
Karl
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.5, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Karl,

I am experiencing similar problems on the Mac. Both at the office and at home. My screen will break into yellow black and green triangle chaos. I can get it to temporarily go away by hitting the widgets F12 key. But it quickly comes back. I can only restart to make this go away. Unfortunately, Mac OS does not provide driver settings in the system preferences. Is this problems related to vertical sync mentioned here in this thread?? Anyway to fix this problem on the mac?
Karl Ottenstein
Daniel wrote:
Hi Karl,

I am experiencing similar problems on the Mac. Both at the office and at home. My screen will break into yellow black and green triangle chaos. I can get it to temporarily go away by hitting the widgets F12 key. But it quickly comes back. I can only restart to make this go away. Unfortunately, Mac OS does not provide driver settings in the system preferences. Is this problems related to vertical sync mentioned here in this thread?? Anyway to fix this problem on the mac?

No, your Mac problem is not related to the vertical synch thing. It is the so-called 'broken glass' Mac display problem that appeared with Leopard and certain ATI cards. Discussed in several other threads. See for example:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=20850

I experienced it with my MacPro early in the year before Apple released an update called Graphics Update and 10.5.3 or 10.5.4 People on some MacBook Pros and some iMacs with ATI cards seem to still be experiencing it.

If your screen looks like the images posted in the iMac thread, you might want to continue the discussion there.

Good luck!

Karl