Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

corner window

Anonymous
Not applicable
I´m having problems creating a corner window.
The 2d drawing should look like the attached image.

Is the corner window function the only way to do it?
When placing the pillar in the window ledge the wall breaks up.

Would be grateful for help.

/NAB

corner window.jpg
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
I can solve it using the wall tool to make the pillars (metal).
I´m not sure this is the best way to do it though.
Anonymous
Not applicable
NAB wrote:
I can solve it using the wall tool to make the pillars (metal).
I´m not sure this is the best way to do it though.
If you've got a solution, go with it. It's a tricky situation (though not uncommon). Columns and walls interact automatically and this leads to some occasional quirky behavior (for what it's worth, it has improved a lot since the column tool was first introduced).
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:
If you've got a solution, go with it. It's a tricky situation (though not uncommon). Columns and walls interact automatically and this leads to some occasional quirky behavior (for what it's worth, it has improved a lot since the column tool was first introduced).
Columns in this situations I'm always putting in a new layer, called for example Windowcolums and set layerindex to anything different than the normal number for walls and columns.
Anonymous
Not applicable
TurboGlider wrote:
Matthew wrote:
Columns in this situations I'm always putting in a new layer, called for example Windowcolums and set layerindex to anything different than the normal number for walls and columns.
Mmm, that would to do it too. Good idea.
Anonymous
Not applicable
One important thing with layerindex is that all layercombinations have to be updated because a new layer created after a layercombination always got layerindex = 1 in every combination.

WHY???
Anonymous
Not applicable
TurboGlider wrote:
One important thing with layerindex is that all layercombinations have to be updated because a new layer created after a layercombination always got layerindex = 1 in every combination.

WHY???
Yes, that's a big pain. Layer combinations are a maintenance headache.