Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC11 trial

Anonymous
Not applicable
Every time I try to install the trial vesion I get an error message saying that it can't continue because of limited hard disk space in the ArchiCAD temp folder. The temp folder is empty. I'd really like to try it out because we are thinking of upgrading......Any thoughts? Thanks Doug
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable
It probably means that your hard drive in general does not have enough space to install the program. You need about 450mb for the install. You'll need to free up some space.

Jim
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply Jim. I actually have just over 17G of hard drive free.
I downloaded the installer from graphisoft(about 2 hours). Maybe something happened during the download.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is the message. It makes no sense to me that 0.0mb space is required.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I too am getting this error. I have tried the install on two different machines. Both running XP Professional. Once has 6.5GB free and the other 16GB.

Has anyone got an idea how to get past this?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have now tried reducing the amount of free disk space on the C drive just in case the installer was doing the disk space checking the wrong way. I've gone down to 35MB free and it still does not install.
I'd try deleting the ArchiCAD temp folder, or specifying another folder if you have the option.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the ideas.

However, I have tried the install with and without the ArchiCAD temp folder. I have not been able to find any command line arguments to the installer that allow you to specify any switches. This error is the first feedback you get from the installer. So there is no chance to specify anything else.
Thomas Holm
Booster
A guess is to check your permissions. You (and the installer) needs to have admin rights to perform.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Another good idea. However, I have admin rights and the installer is running under my rights.