BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Saving from V11 to V10

Tom Krowka
Booster
How much am I going to lose saving from V11 to V10. When doing so, a dialogue box comes up that says any AC11 specific data will be lost when saving to V10. What does that really mean. Walls, doors, windows, etc, will not show up? Anything from the AC11 library will be gone?

Thanks.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
2 REPLIES 2
Erika Epstein
Booster
Library parts that are AC11 specific will show up as dots.
Using find and select to click on one dot, get its name, select all of that one and then navigate with them selected to the AC10 version takes not that much time for each different library part.
If you have favorites in the AC10 file that match what you had in AC11 you selected, ( all the tubs for example) then you can double-click on the appropriate favorite and it will take on the favorites attributes and parameters.

You will need to reset all the sizes, materials, pens etc for each object or set of matching objects. If you created custom library parts, then you will have to recreate them from the slabs or whatever else you used to make them.
Hopefully you kept them in your file.

More tedious then difficult.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you have used curved, profiled walls they will convert to simple rectilinear ones. Aside from that and the library part issues, I don't know of any others.
Learn and get certified!