Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

C4D role in the workflow

Anonymous
Not applicable
For those who use C4D in the pipeline as a portal to the excellent rendering engines (AR2 and VRay), how much do you use C4D for modeling beyond what you've already done in AC? In other words, what, if any, modeling tasks are easier and faster to do in C4D than in AC? I've struggled a bit with the 3D profiler, and wonder if some of those detail shapes might not be better to do in C4D?

We currently use AC for the design development and const doc phase (traditional residential architecture), but have not yet migrated to cg renderings, which I want to do.
27 REPLIES 27
Thomas Holm
Booster
ejrolon wrote:
It is not even funny… 30-50% off and no splotches (technical term for the dirty circular shadows due to not having enough GI samples)
Please excuse me for being ignorant... Are you saying Vray is double the speed of Artlantis R and gives higher quality? If this is so, could you please explain your complete setup/process?
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
owen
Newcomer
ah sorry .. i was refering to Cinema4Ds Advanced Render (AR) Module
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
Eduardo Rolon
Rendering an Animation it feels faster than Artlantis and the quality is better. The number is vs C4D's Adv renderer.

A 768 x 432, 30 FPS, 12 sec length took ±5hrs time. It is a sun/shadow animation. On a 2.4 core duo Mac Book Pro.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Eduardo Rolon
Still having the forum error when attaching images…
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Eduardo Rolon
last… and BTW this was was my first try using the plugin. All in all it feels almost as fast as Artlantis with better quality. The Sky is Vray's physical Sky, only one click to turn on and input your longitude and latitude (almost as easy as Art). The camera is Vray's with a "fish eye " lens to distort the perspective.

On another note the plugin is still buggy…
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Thomas Holm
Booster
Interesting building. What is it?
Eduardo Rolon
Engineering Department at Universidad de Puerto Rico, Bayamón Campus.

63,000 sq.ft

work crew
Principal: Arq. H Betancourt
CD's etc: myself
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Thomas Holm
Booster
Nice. Thanks!