BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC 11 Interior Elevation Tool

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm looking at using the Interior Elevation Tool, I have the Marker set up the way I want it, everything else is looking good ... except ... My question is once I have set up the interior elevation, how do I stretch the elevation if for example the client increases the size of the ensuite ?

It seems like an obvious extension of the tool, but ask you can see on the attached picture the pet pallette does have that option.

Am I missing something ? Is the interior tool linked to the zones ?
27 REPLIES 27
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
You're selecting the wrong line. You need to select the 'limit line' and stretch it. It doesn't behave like a Section or Elevation, despite our recommendations.

If you select the marker, it will select the whole interior elevation group, including the limit line. Once you see it, then click on the edge of the limit line that you want to stretch and use the appropriate pet palette option.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thankyou Link
Anonymous
Not applicable
I can see where to change the vertical limits, is there an option to limit the horizontal ones, to prevent other parts of the model showing up ?
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
The limit line controls the depth and the adjacent limit lines control the width. Not the best solution, but that's the extent of it AFAIK (pardon the pun).

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought that too. So this is the depth constraint in the first image. But as you can see in the second the sliding door behind is still showing up ... confused !
Anonymous
Not applicable
and the second ...
Barry Kelly
moloneyds wrote:
I thought that too. So this is the depth constraint in the first image. But as you can see in the second the sliding door behind is still showing up ... confused !
It's a "Feature" (read this as BUG!) of the elevation tool.

If the side limits touch a wall then the limit will include the extent of the wall.
According to the reference manual (page 157) this is so you can include curved walls in the view without the need of a curved limit line.
Why they do this I don't know - I would just extend the depth of the limit.

The thing is this also seems to work on straight walls also.
I have had mixed result (i.e. inconsistent) - sometimes you see more than your extent and sometime you don't.
Haven't really used it properly yet so i will have to experiment some more.

But your elevation line is not touching any walls so I don't know what is happening here.
Why have an extent limit if it doesn't work?

Simple solution is to use the ordinary section line.
I think GS need to do a bit more work on this one.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Barry Kelly
moloneyds wrote:
I played with this a bit.
I bet you will find your wall with the sliding door forms a continuous perimeter - of course it does - it's the perimeter wall of your house!
The stupid thing is that because of this - regardless of what you do with the internal elevation and its extents - you will always see this wall in the background - even though you are not touching it with any part of your elevation line.

Make a break in the wall and then look at your elevation again.
Hopefully you won't see the sliding door or its wall.
The only problem is you probably don't want to break this perimeter wall.

I hope this is a bug that can be fixed, but I don't think I will be holding my breath.
I will report this to GS Australia and I would suggest others do to if you feel it is a bug.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Yes, this 'feature' is registered as a bug with GS and they are well aware of it. Originally it was meant to work as expected, but I think they ran into problems with niches and curved walls. The last I heard from GS was this:

The limit line has the purpose at the moment to limit the view in horizontal direction, but only in one dimension and not in a plane....so the user can decide how much he wants to see "left and right" but not how "far or close".

GS are working on it. Hopefully we will see improvements in the future.

Cheers,
Link.
Learn and get certified!