BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

"Cant find picture file: ..."

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone!

I downloaded some *.gsm objects, and when i try to insert them, i get warning message

"Can't find picture file: ......, called at line .... in the 3D script of file...."

Pictures do exist on disk (i downloaded Garden_Works_Library from this forum). I tried to put them in the same folder as gsm, but that didn't help.

I'm ArchiCAD novice, how to get those objects to work properly?

Thanks in advance!!
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Welcome Trooper,

In order to show the images in your gsm object you have to load all the object files (like macros, images and txts) with the library manager...

Hope it helps.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Braza wrote:
Hope it helps.

Yes, i think...

This is what i'm getting when inserted:

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/9163/treesuh8.jpg

Is this how it is suppose to look in this library? Some others tree objects that i downloaded from net look way more realistic!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok we are nearly there... If you look at the render options window you will see a check box for transparency... It might solve your problem. Anyway... A quick check in the AC(?) reference manual is always a good start...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is this how it is suppose to look in this library? Some others tree objects that i downloaded from net look way more realistic!

The openGL preview doesn't show any alpha-layer transparency in textures, so unfortunately they will look like that!

Render it with the lightworks engine and it will look much better.
Anonymous
Not applicable
This picture i posted isn't rendered, tree object is just inserted.
But when i insert trees from ArchiCADs library (Visualization -> Garden) thay look much better.

Im actually using Artlantis for renders, and ArchiCAD just to export objects as artlantis file. Then open it in Artlantis and save as *.aof object so i can use in it.

Any ideas how to do it, i couldn't even find "render options window" since im not using Archi for anything else (i model everything in AutoCAD, oops, said to much )
Anonymous
Not applicable
The wrote:
Im actually using Artlantis for renders, and ArchiCAD just to export objects as artlantis file. Then open it in Artlantis and save as *.aof object so i can use in it.
Now we are talking... In this case you have to open the 3d window in AC and save it as .atl or .3ds (you will need the artlantis plugin or the 3ds plugin). Once you save it open in artlantis and save it as .aof.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Braza wrote:
Now we are talking... In this case you have to open the 3d window in AC and save it as .atl or .3ds (you will need the artlantis plugin or the 3ds plugin). Once you save it open in artlantis and save it as .aof.

I know that procedure, and that is how i do it for every object i want to convert to .aof. But the problem is with this library. It looks just the same in Artlantis, as does pictures i posted.
Anonymous
Not applicable
The wrote:
...It looks just the same in Artlantis...
I guess you are in the wrong forum...

Try this.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Braza wrote:
I guess you are in the wrong forum...
No, i'm not. I know how to export objects from Archi to Artlantis, and make everything work, except with this library. The simplest way to solve this dillema is if somebody tries it:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/object_depository.php?mode=d&id=114

Insert first one from the ArchiBAM 3D folder (Ash-tree_GWL) and we'll see if im doing something wrong, or that is how that library is made.
Learn and get certified!