BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Libary parts with anoying bits

KeesW
Advocate
I've just rediscovered another AC gripe. Library parts which are perfectly usuable but for annoying bits that spoil them. I'm designing a kitchen and have selected 'hood and vent 11' library part. Looks good but the library part designer had choosen to include control switches directly below the hood, on the RH side. This shows on the elevation. I can't use this object because the switch would sit on the glass splashback and nobdy would choose to do this. Why put it there? Why not make this an option that can or cannot be shown?

Please object writers - use your nous!
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Kees,
Will setting the 3D detail level to "Simple" work for your elevation ?
Peter Devlin
KeesW
Advocate
Yes thank you Peter - it does work.

But why do they do the programmers make make such choices? And what if we want to see it in glorious detail?
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
Anonymous
Not applicable
Like most real world computer programming failures (IMHO) this is a problem of design and specification. There is often not enough time given to thinking through how things are actually going to be used before they are made. While this can be very difficult it is also vitally important.
Learn and get certified!