BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

FLOOR PLAN VISIBILITY (PLEASE HELP)

adamrendek
Newcomer
Hi All,

How do I control the floor plan visibility of my custom objects? (show on story above, home story only, etc.)

Thanks,

A
5 REPLIES 5
Gerald Hoffman
Booster
Adam,

You would control it the same as with any other objects. In the top section of the dialog box ( Preview & Positioning ), select what story you want it to show on. At least that is how it works for me.

Cheers,
Gerald
"The simplification of anything is always sensational" GKC
AC 25-4013 USA, CadImage Tools
2019 MacBook Pro 16" w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU
OS X 11.6
2.4 Ghz 8 core i9, 64 GB RAM
27" LG 5K Monitor
adamrendek
Newcomer
Thanks Gerald,

I forgot to mention and important detail. It is actually a custom window that I'd like to controll that way and windows do not have that setting...

Any idea?

Thanks,

Adam
Gerald Hoffman
Booster
Well that's different. Windows are special objects that are located in the walls they are inserted into. You can't show walls on different stories from the one they are drawn on therefore this applies to the doors and windows located in the wall as well.

If you have a window that starts in one storey and ends in the next one up, there are different ways of showing this but it will depend on how you are constructing the 3D wall in that area. It is sometimes easiest to make the wall as tall as you require it and place it in the storey it originates in, put in the window on that level and then copy and paste that wall to the storey above and explode it so it is 2D. There are other options as well but you will have to let us know a little more detail of what your situation is.

Cheers,
Gerald
"The simplification of anything is always sensational" GKC
AC 25-4013 USA, CadImage Tools
2019 MacBook Pro 16" w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU
OS X 11.6
2.4 Ghz 8 core i9, 64 GB RAM
27" LG 5K Monitor
adamrendek
Newcomer
Hi Gerald,

Here is a sreen capture of the situation (section)

The window is the same hight as the floor but it is vertically offset by 3.5", so it pops up in the floor above by a little --> the symbol cut shows up on the next floor too. I'd like to set it so that it only appears on it's home story.

Best,

Adam
window.jpg
Djordje
Ace
Change the window floor plan display mode to Symbolic
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Learn and get certified!