BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Double cross refenence drawings

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone

Is anyone have done automatically double cross refencing the drawings, or is it even possible with ArchiCAD 11

See attached sample.
7 REPLIES 7
Eduardo Rolon
I don't think what you want to do is a correct procedure. The symbol in floor plan indicates where that drawing is in the construction set and the title of that elevation lets you know that is the drawing that you are looking for. You can always go back to the floor plan since there are easier to find without having to reference them back, this is standard practice.

Picture that the elevation is for a 1,000 floor tower. Which floor plan will be referenced on the title?
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Karl Ottenstein
dmoraca wrote:
Is anyone have done automatically double cross refencing the drawings, or is it even possible with ArchiCAD 11.
I believe this is on the wishlist.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Dwight
Newcomer
And it being Friday, i can't say where this comes from because there could be trouble.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
ejrolon

in my opinion if there is 100 story building and your section marker is shown on all 100 levels then it should show all 100 page #'s, other option is that you show section marker only on 1 level. What about detail marker? It should have same double cross reference.
Eduardo Rolon
Well, it may be a potEto potAto situation. I was taught that CD's were referenced from general to specific and to avoid including any extra information.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Gerald Hoffman
Booster
Hi everyone,

The attached image is out of my course manual which is maybe what is being asked for. I think it makes a lot of sense and would be nice to be able to do.

Cheers,
Gerald
"The simplification of anything is always sensational" GKC
AC 25-4013 USA, CadImage Tools
2019 MacBook Pro 16" w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU
OS X 11.6
2.4 Ghz 8 core i9, 64 GB RAM
27" LG 5K Monitor
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Gerald wrote:
Hi everyone,

The attached image is out of my course manual which is maybe what is being asked for. I think it makes a lot of sense and would be nice to be able to do.

Cheers,
This is similar to the US Corps of Engineers requirements, and as Karl mentions, it is on the wishlist.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Learn and get certified!