Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Ability to Control Door Association with Zone

Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
RE: The following posts:
archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=5740
archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=13401

Currently, AC automatically associates a door to the Zone with which it swings into; the industry standard is for a door to be associated with the room number of the secure side of the door (regardless of swing). Because of limitations of the IS, even if the door identifier is moved or manually overwritten to reflect the correct Zone, the door is still scheduled according to its swing.

WISH: The user should have control over which Zone a door is associated. Perhaps with a movable hotspot as suggested here by Duane: archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=111269#111269
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought the ArchiCAD library doors already had hotspots to chose the zone - maybe it was just the tag bit you guys were talking about. I so rarely have used the GS doors that I don't remember.

In my own doors I have always scripted such a hotspot but it feels like a clumsy solution (besides the fact that the scripting is a little quirky). A better solution would be to get the ZONE_RELATIONS function to return values that can be assigned to user parameters in the master script. This would allow a for a parameter to chose between the two zones. It would even be possible with a little tricky programming to set a default preference for in-swing (residential) and out-swing (commercial) - which could still be changed for the exceptions of course.

The problem I have is that most of my clients assign door numbers by room number with a letter added (e.g. "101A", "101B" etc.) and then schedule them individually. I can concatenate these values in a door tag but not for a scheduled parameter. So those who need the individual scheduling have to fall back to setting each (and every) door number manually in the ID field. This really S**KS when the information is all right there - so close and yet so far