BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Problem with door sidelight fill color.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hallow.

I'm working with AC 11 on PC and have problems with some doors from AC library. I have found that D1 1Sidelight 11 and D1 1Sidelight Transom 11 sidelight window cut fill in the plan is in gray color (see picture). I haven't change any preferences except dimensions. Other doors are OK.

Thanks.
Haralds
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

While some window and door objects have no parameter to change this background color, make sure your Pen 19 is white to solve...
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have tried to change all the fill colors, even in GDL script, but it does not effect these objects. And this problem is only with these two doors. When I disable Object's pens in setting window then symbol line pen is used also for cut fills so I get single colored fat line without any details (no frame and glass lines). It seem to be bug in AC 11 library because I hadn't this problem with previous AC versions.

P.S. There is also the same problem with doors "D1 Entrance side 1 11". So there is already 3 objects.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
hariz:

Just a guess: under Parameters > Floor Plan Symbol > Symbol Fill Background what is the setting? This does not occur with the default settings in the Object Library 11.lcf, so without knowing all the door parameter settings, it is hard to diagnose.

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
"David Maudlin" wrote:
hariz:

Just a guess: under Parameters > Floor Plan Symbol > Symbol Fill Background what is the setting? This does not occur with the default settings in the Object Library 11.lcf, so without knowing all the door parameter settings, it is hard to diagnose.

HTH

David

In Door Setting (2D Representation) all the background fills are Empty fill and background color is white and in Floor Plan and Section part it is checked to use Object's Pen. Anyway, if I uncheck that option then frame and glass part background fills with Symbol Line pen color (in my situation is pen color 3).
Probably I didn't understand correctly where I can find "Symbol Fill Background" option and it is something else than I'm thinking. Is the "Floor Plan Symbol" the same as "2D Representation" section?
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
hariz:

This is what it looks like over here.

David
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
David,

As I see your signature you have the US version installed on your system?

AFAIK INT library does not show up the necessary parameters. Most of the doors and windows I like to use have a hardcoded background color pen 19. It's a solid fill (to be set white..)

Make pen 19 to a different color and you have the problem !
Anonymous
Not applicable
image 2
background color.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
"Joeri" wrote:
David,

As I see your signature you have the US version installed on your system?

AFAIK INT library does not show up the necessary parameters. Most of the doors and windows I like to use have a hardcoded background color pen 19. It's a solid fill (to be set white..)

Make pen 19 to a different color and you have the problem !

Yes, I guess I have US version, but I'm not completely sure about it. Anyway, I don't have this "Floor plan symbol" option in Parameters section only "2D Representation".
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
hariz wrote:
Yes, I guess I have US version, but I'm not completely sure about it. Anyway, I don't have this "Floor plan symbol" option in Parameters section only "2D Representation".
hariz:

Since you are in Latvia, you probably have the INT library, so your only option may be to set your pen 19 to white as Joeri suggested. And yes, for the record, I think the various libraries that Graphisoft produces should have equal flexibility. The ability to have multiple pen sets in a project should be supported by the supplied libraries.

HTH

David
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
Learn and get certified!