Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Exporting a TIFF

Anonymous
Not applicable
What i need:

i need to export a TIFF file at a decent dpi, and it needs to be scaled to the layout.

Printing companies work best with tiff files (so they are saying). Currently we are giving them .pdf files (which have layers) ... they convert them to tiffs ... print and return... to cut down on lead time... i need to give them tiffs

the tiffs coming out of archicad 11 now are at a poor graphic quality and not to scale

I know i can publish pdfs and convert them in photoshop... but this is an extra step i would like to avoid (200 sheets is a lot to convert one at a time)

HELP!
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
And if you have Photoshop, why not set up an Action to batch process your files - takes about 5 minutes. You can then apply the action to a whole folder of images. No separate conversion software needed, if all your PDFs have but one page.

Anssi
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
We have encountered a similar problem with a print shop that cannot print our PDFs created by AC11 (they also say they "crash their machines"). They've had no problems in the past printing PDFs created by AC10. One suggestion was to create TIFFs from the PDFs, but that is undesirable (as per the original post).

One noticeable difference is the "PDF Producer" listed within the Properties dialog of each PDF: AC10 has "ArchiCAD", while AC11 has "PDFTron PDFNet".

We do have Acrobat Professional, and are now printing to Adobe PDF instead of saving as a PDF. We can then create a single PDF from the multiple PDFs. Ideally, we'd like to continue to use ACs PDF creator, Merge Layouts into a single PDF, and avoid the extra step(s), so if anyone can shed any additional light on the issue...
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Learn and get certified!