BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Dutch lib '2D draaicirkels verkeer' turning radius objects

A Dutch AC10 Library has fallen into my hands. There are some very simple objects showing with considerable detail the 2D turning radii for cars, buses, trucks. For each vehicle type there are 2 versions, one tighter than the other one ('Auto 1' shown in blue with 'Auto 2' overlaid in gray).

I would figure the two types must be Dutch-code related in some way, linked to speed or traffic or public/private nature or whatever. Any idea what the two versions mean?
14 REPLIES 14
Barry Kelly
Maybe the blue is assuming the vehicle is on full wheel lock straight away and hence is the tightest possible turn.
Where as the grey is a more gradual steer into the turn starting with straight wheels.

The grey car is further back giving it a chance to start with straight wheels and then begin turning.
So I think this is more likely the reason.

I still like to think the blue is turning in reverse as the front will swing out wider as shown, but the image of the blue care is not reversed.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Judit Boros
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
The two versions mean the old and the new standard.
In the ArchiCAD version 8.1 was a change from the old standard to a new standard but the user asked for having both in the library.
Judit Boros

Technical Support Team

Graphisoft

Budapest, Hungary

archicadwiki - the ArchiCAD knowledge base
juditboros wrote:
The two versions mean the old and the new standard.
In the ArchiCAD version 8.1 was a change from the old standard to a new standard but the user asked for having both in the library.
Wow thanks very much for replying.

What do you mean by 'the old and the new standard'? What standard, what years?
Stuart Atkinson
Participant
Don't know if the image below helps explain the Dutch version but it is from the GS ArchiCAD V65 Library - Australian version.

Cheers
Stu
Judit Boros from Graphisoft did some research with the user who had originally requested the objects, I am pasting what she found out below. I tried to find some details about what those codes are, where they apply, etc., but not a lot of success on that yet.

----
I contacted our German partner to find out the most details about this issue.
There was a change in the DIN (German Standard) in year 2001.

The Bundesministerium für Verkehr, Bau- und Wohnungswesen - made an order in year 2001 that was introduced with number 287.
This standard overwrote the existing norms from 1995 to 2001.

This order contains the same drawings and Schleppkurven as ArchiCAD.

The reason of this change is not known.
I guess there are more components, for example speed etc.

That is all I could find out.

I really hope it heps you and also hope that in one day this will be part of the INT library as well.
Learn and get certified!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!