Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

Anyway to convert GDL back to ArchiCAD model?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey all,

New to the forum.

I have run into a bit of a problem...

I have created a 3D model in ArchiCAD and then made it into a GDL object. I then, without realising, have overwritten the 3D model file.

I would like to now go back and edit the 3D model, but of course, it no longer exists

Is there anyway of reverting the GDL object back to an editable ArchiCAD file?

Thanks for any assistance.

Cheers

Joel
4 REPLIES 4
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
If you are asking this: you made a GDL object out of a Wall, and now you want to make the GDL object into the Wall again, then the answer is: I do not think there is a way.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
TomWaltz
Participant
sorry, but no.

GDL objects can only be exploded to 2D lines and fills, not 3D elements.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
hmmm thats no good

Okay next question...

Is there anyway of cutting a hole in a block? maybe if i could erase the part i want to modify, i could edit it by rebuilding this part of the model, without having to remake the whole thing.

Thanks guys

Cheers

Joel
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Joel:

For the model (3D), you can use Solid Elements Operations to remove part of the object. For the plan (2D) you can open the object (GDL Objects > Open Object...) and change its 2D symbol, or draw over the object in the plan view. You will then need to keep editing the 3D and 2D separately as Solid element Operations only work on the 3D model, not the plan view.

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14