Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Fully editable 3D mesh and mesh composites

Anonymous
Not applicable
In my opinion the mesh tool could be something like simplified box modeling tool in different 3D applications (like 3ds max with Editable mesh, cinema 4d with Polygon tools and Sketch-Up by it's nature etc) but with solid body. At the moment we can edit only the upper side of the mesh and there we are limited to the so called vertex based modeling and we don't have any possibility to model vertical or negatively slanted faces. What would be needed is the extrude command (in 2D it's called offset edge) and add edges command which forms the basics of the sketch-up tool set. Also the sides and base of the mesh would be editable and therefore they aren't distinct anymore and material assignment would be based on faces or their selections.

Even with the current mesh tool in my opinion we urgently need composites. How to implement this? Appointed skins would lie just beneath of the mesh surface and the most downward skin in the composite would extend to the base of the mesh.
And in the fully editable 3D mesh the composites pursue same technic but also it would be based on faces selection likewise with foregoing material assignment.

At the moment we have to compensate mesh modeling limitations with SolidElementOperations which has also some advantages like it's dynamic entity but mostly this method needs more time and effort.

mesh.png
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
The one voted NO, why?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think the post (wish and image) by Sinatropus is an excellent idea and a great post.
However, it's a priority thing with me, (average) for mesh upgrades.
As a designer what I primarily bought AC for is to develop my remodeling plans for submitting to jurisdictions. For me, structural, (which is a really, really, really, big deal with the new IBC Codes), trumps fancy submittals, but I'm sure others have different priorities.
So, sorry about that.
Larry
Anonymous
Not applicable
Bier wrote:
........ structural, (which is a really, really, really, big deal with the new IBC Codes), trumps fancy submittals, but I'm sure others have different priorities.
So, sorry about that.
Larry
Top priority it is.