Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

composite wall corner in plan

Anonymous
Not applicable
When three walls meet at a corner one of the walls does not clean up correctly.

[/img]
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
See Cecilias post for a good explanation of skin priorities.

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=18300

Also check if the wall reference lines meet correctly.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think that the problem I am having is different. The wall reference lines can not meet up because it is at a corner where the thiner wall has a reference line that misses the reference line for the thicker wall
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Your walls need to have this relationship (note location of reference lines):
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
OK, but what if I want to keep the reference lines for exterior walls on the outside?
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Often cutting and pasting the odd wall will fix a problem like this, but the walls reference lines will definitely need to meet. The reference lines can either be on the edge of the wall or offset within the wall, using the same 'reference line offset' for both, assuming they both have the same skin thickness.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been playing with composite priority and reference lines and I am almost there...will post a picture tomarrow am, Thanks for the help
Anonymous
Not applicable
eastcoast413 wrote:
OK, but what if I want to keep the reference lines for exterior walls on the outside?
You can use the reference line offset in wall settings to move the interior walls reference line to be in line with the exterior walls. In my example below, it's 7 1/4". The black lines with arrows are the reference lines
Anonymous
Not applicable
Chris wrote:
eastcoast413 wrote:
You can use the reference line offset in wall settings to move the interior walls reference line to be in line with the exterior walls. In my example below, it's 7 1/4". The black lines with arrows are the reference lines
awesome, thats my problem thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable
One last thing, the walls are still a little funny?