Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ABVENT Customer Service was TERRIBLE *BUT GOT FIXED*

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, after MULTIPLE attempts to contact ABVENT "customer support" I'm forced to post here in the hopes that they will contact me and help me resolve several issues that I have.

Issue One: I had to reinstall Windows. For whatever reason, I can no longer get the NIC that Artlantis was keyed thru to work. So I need, desperately, for that key to be wiped so as to allow me to re-key it the the second NIC.

**ABVENT cleared the key for me**

Issue Two: I had to setup a second account on ABVENT.com.
Everytime I tried to log on with the original it told me that the account wasn't active and that I needed to activate thru the email that was sent...the account worked before and there was never an email anyways.
So, when I tried to re-register that account it told that is already existed.
Does that not seem strange?

Issue Three: It appears to me that my emails to webmaster@abvent.com are being purposely blocked because nobody wants to assist me with the issues.

**Sort of purposely...they had someone attack their website**

Love the program, but I can't even consider upgrading to 2.0 because of the terrible customer support that I'm receiving and being locked out of using my purchased software anyways.

**Now I will see about upgrading soon**
22 REPLIES 22
TomWaltz
Participant
... I'm a little confused... you hoped that by posting on another software manufacturer's forum that Abvent would notice?
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Why the hell not?
Seems there are a lot of Artlantis users lurking in this forum.
And Graphisoft seems to have close ties with ABVENT.

It didn't seem to be much of a stretch to me.
Dwight
Newcomer
TomWaltz wrote:
... I'm a little confused... you hoped that by posting on another software manufacturer's forum that Abvent would notice?
Where DOES a fello go after being banned from www.yourdailywhine.com?

I will email "my people" in France today.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, Dwight...I really appreciate that.
I have a model I need to render and I really don't WANT to use any other program.
Dwight
Newcomer
It is Easter and they take holidays. Those French. A different dialog box for everything. A better life in every way. Take cheese, for example. Over there, what we call American Cheese, they call "[censored][censored] dog constipator"

My immediate advice is to download the latest Artlantis DEMO version and add some space to the bottom of your renderings to allow for cutting off the watermark later...

After working with it for a while, you'll forgive them their lack of assistance in this obscure matter.
artlation.jpg
Dwight Atkinson
Dwight
Newcomer
Of course if you can't sign in......

this is no help.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, I can sign in...just not with my ORIGINAL account.
And I don't begrudge anybody their time off...my problem, though, has sat long enough to grow moss.
But, I think I will take you up on the suggestion, because I do love me some Artlantis.
Ya'll have a good weekend.

Oh, and they're right about the cheese.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ledbetter, wrote:
Well, I can sign in...just not with my ORIGINAL account.
And I don't begrudge anybody their time off...my problem, though, has sat long enough to grow moss.
But, I think I will take you up on the suggestion, because I do love me some Artlantis.
Ya'll have a good weekend.

Oh, and they're right about the cheese.
Just a thought: If you have reinstalled ArtLantis from the original CD, you have to apply the latest bugfix release for the registration process to work. I dont know why the ***** Abvent decided to have it so.

Anssi
Anonymous
Not applicable
From reading the posts in the forum, I've became interested in Artlantis. The problem was that their website was so buggy it wouldn't work half of the time (at least for me).

My local reseller suggested that I try the demo download from ObjectsOnline as apparently Abvent's website is know to have problems.