Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Wall Slab joining

Anonymous
Not applicable
I want to find a way to make a slab with composite and a beam joining looks like the second way and not the first one on this section. I cannot simply make the top level of the beam a little lower, cause it would make other sections wrong. Is there any way I could make the top hatch of the composite of the slab have priority over the hatch of the beam on sections?
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
Try increasing the priority of the top layer in the slab composite, so it is higher than the priority of the concrete.

See Cecilias useful diagram on this thread - http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=21383

Don't forget, the key to BIM / Virtual Building is 'build it like it actually is'. One of your situations must be correct, surely it can't be both!

If nothing else works perhaps you could use SEO and trim off the piece at the top with a hidden slab. If all else fails you could use a simple 2d patch over the top at that particular location, but that's nasty and un-BIM-like.

Hope that helps!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Increasing the value of the top layer of the composite made no difference at all. The main problem is that a slab doesn't join a beam or a wall the same way two walls do. I saw the diagram you send, and it's exactly what I need, but not only on walls. I think this is really a pity it doesn't work, cause it makes BIM sometimes looks not effective in the whole process.
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
I believe the Skin Priorities only work for walls. You could try to create the Beam with a Custom Profile and use the same Cut Fill for the top of the Beam that you used for the top of the Slab.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
In the attachment, both Beams are identical, the one on the left has been highlighted so you can see the shape of the profile.
composite beam.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Let me clear the situation. I have walls and, under them, basement beams. When the sections happens to cross a door or passage, it joins the first way. If I'd use a profile like this, it wouldn't work either cause under the walls they would be incorrect. The solution still would be trimming the beam in every passage and door and lowering its top. Hard work in a big building full of sections detailing it. Still trying...
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
arqstein wrote:
The solution still would be trimming the beam in every passage and door and lowering its top. Hard work in a big building full of sections detailing it. Still trying...
OK -- now that I understand what you are trying to achieve... Yes, as Peter said, you need to model it as it will be built. For instance, when we model foundations, we break the footings at exterior doorways and add a thickened slab profile. Technically, you don't have to trim the beam everywhere, just where you are cutting sections or where the conditions may be visible in the ultimate output.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I see. This is what I do, I just wondered I could achieve a more perfect result automatically. I appreciate all your efforts to help me. Thank you all.