Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

drag multi copy - keyboard command for a mac

Anonymous
Not applicable
Greetings - just switched from PC to mac, and there was a keyboard command for drag multiple copy, but I don't see it on the mac menu. I spoke with an archi guy before, and he said there was one, I can't find it. Any help is greatly appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
davidochs wrote:
Greetings - just switched from PC to mac, and there was a keyboard command for drag multiple copy, but I don't see it on the mac menu. I spoke with an archi guy before, and he said there was one, I can't find it. Any help is greatly appreciated.
apple+D = Drag
apple+D + alt = Drag a copy
apple+D + alt+apple = Drag multiple copy
Anonymous
Not applicable
many thanks, and I thought that's what it was. I mess around with it, and I get it to work sometimes, but not consistently. What am I missing, the order with which I press???? When I do get it and see it in the prompt, I don't know what I did to get it to work.
Anonymous
Not applicable
whatever wrote:
davidochs wrote:
apple+D = Drag
apple+D + alt = Drag a copy
apple+D + alt+apple = Drag multiple copy
Don't press them all in one time (Command+D+Alt = hide/show dock)

Use Command+D for drag, Command+E for rotate, ... and hit "Alt" afterwards to activate the copy. Pressing "Command + Alt" will give you the multiple copy.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the help, but damn if it ain't working. I already changed the dock command so it would no longer do that, but I still can't get the multi copy. I am doing it as you say, and I can toggle between copy and the generic drag with the alt button, but when I hit command+alt .... nothing. I've tried all kinds of crazy combos, and have got it like twice, but can never realize what really did it. It's bazaar - is it a mac pro/leopard thing?????
Anonymous
Not applicable
I simply changed my Drag Multiple shortcut to CTRL+SHIFT+D, as it was on my PC.

EDIT: Sorry, I lied, that was just drag a copy, not multiple copy.

I use apple+D then Option+apple as suggested above for multiple.