BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Optimal settings for 3D perspective when exporting to .opt

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a large model with a lot of mesh objects, houses and additionals. I was helped by our local AC dealer to work out the best way to go to the 3D perspective.
The settings that worked werer:

All meshes are only surfaces.
Block (not hidden/shade/wirefram)
Internal 3D engine

Does anyone know any other parameters I could use ore disable in order to speed up the process of going from the plan to the 3D perspective? My (well my poor computers) biggest problem is to go to the perspective so

/Mats
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can use Marquee tool to show only portion of the floor plan/building.
In Image manu there are couple of settings used for degradation of 3D Window visualization quality. This will speed up your work but it's bad for any kind output.

And Open GL works faster sometimes

3D Window settings..
Elements to show in 3D...
Don't show the whole model all the time, just the part that you work on.

Cheers
Anonymous
Not applicable
TRIBU wrote:
You can use Marquee tool to show only portion of the floor plan/building.
In Image manu there are couple of settings used for degradation of 3D Window visualization quality. This will speed up your work but it's bad for any kind output.

And Open GL works faster sometimes

3D Window settings..
Elements to show in 3D...
Don't show the whole model all the time, just the part that you work on.

Cheers
Thanks but I want to export a finished model to ArtLantis, that is every little object. OpenGL doesn't use the RAM and for me (with a meiocre 32 MB graphics card) this is impossible. AC hangs up without actually working so I can't use OpenGL for models such as big as this one (closing in on 3-4 million polygons...).

/Mats
Anonymous
Not applicable
mathome wrote:
Thanks but I want to export a finished model to ArtLantis, that is every little object. OpenGL doesn't use the RAM and for me (with a meiocre 32 MB graphics card) this is impossible. AC hangs up without actually working so I can't use OpenGL for models such as big as this one (closing in on 3-4 million polygons...).

/Mats
Why don't you say so
Djordje shared this tip long time ago. Just point your camera towards empty spacy (meaning nowhere) , additionally choose wireframe mode and save to .opt.

Don't be afraid if you don't see your model in ArtLantis. It's also imported from ArchiCAD.

And I think you should decrease number of polygons somehow.
Anonymous
Not applicable
"TRIBUWhy don't you say so wrote:

I'm sorry I wasn't totally clear. Good advice you gave me: I will try pointing the camera to an empty space ( remember I did that a couple of years ago...must have turned senile...). I get a very large and detailed terrain model from AutoCAD on which I place my pretty over-detailed houses, that's why I get so many polygons. Right now my other computer is working on the ArtLantis file... I have to work all night anyway.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Try this first but as I assumed you'll have to make your model smaller. turn all unnecessary layers, elements not visible from afar and excessive 3D trees and people...
Learn and get certified!