BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

WIBU Key EMERGENCY

Anonymous
Not applicable
Today I have been getting the following error messages while trying to run AC11 on my MacBookPro.

a) While the AC11 is in use the attached error message will pop up which will leave me no choice but to quit and restart AC11. Then this message will pop up again after a few minutes. OR

b) Soon after I restart AC11 another message will pop up (not attached) saying Protection Key not found and leaving me the option to Quit or Run Demo.

This happens even after I restart my computer. I even tried plugging in the WIBU key into the other two USB ports. This key by the way is an old one I have been using since AC9. As far as I know I have the latest version of AC11.

Thanks for your help.
14 REPLIES 14
Dwight
Newcomer
Sometimes these things fail.
It can come at an unfortunate time, like the weekend, but that is how it goes when you are in the big time.
You seem to have examined the usual solutions - can you test the key on another machine?
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight:
I don't have access to another machine but I was thinking of reinstalling AC11. However I am concerned about custom preferences being overwritten and I don't know where to find this file to make a backup.

I guess I will have to wait till Mon. and call Graphisoft. If I am very lucky I will get hold of the tech. Miss the good old days when you can actually talk to someone almost immediately.
Dwight
Newcomer
Don't start flailing at ghosts.

I don't think it is a software problem.

Call a friend - there's lots of users in Fee-nix.
Dwight Atkinson
Karl Ottenstein
Since you're on Mac...

Run Applications > WIBUKEY > WkConfig

A window should appear with the Contents tab showing:

Computer: Local
WIBU-BOX: your wibu Key ID (USB)
Contents: some digits for Master and Added Data

It should show Driver Version 5.21 or greater.

If you don't see any of these things, then you either need to reinstall the WIBU software, or you key itself has gone bad.

The current WIBU driver should be on your 11 installation disk. Or, go directly to the source:
http://wibu.com/download_user.php

scroll down the page until you find the Wibukey group, and download the Mac version for your version of OS X.

HTH,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
DaveTex wrote:
Today I have been getting the following error messages while trying to run AC11 on my MacBookPro.
I've had a key go bad, and the symptoms were the same as you describe. Initially it was intermittent, and removing/reinserting the key would cause it to recover. But after some time it would scarcely work at all, and it was replaced.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
Gentlemen, thanks for your response.

Karl:
I did run the WIBU application within the Graphisoft folder which I discovered to be version 5.20. Then I went to the web page as you had advised and downloaded 5.21 and installed it. So far it appears to be working. Keeping all of my fingers crossed!

My question is, when I first installed AC11 did the 5.20 version got installed automatically as well or it did only after I opened the WIBU program this morning?

Thanks.
Dwight
Newcomer
Once a key becomes unreliable, you need to get ready for a failure.
Dwight Atkinson
Karl Ottenstein
DaveTex wrote:
My question is, when I first installed AC11 did the 5.20 version got installed automatically as well or it did only after I opened the WIBU program this morning?
WIBU doesn't have an auto-update feature yet, so 5.20 must be what was installed on your system, which should have been OK. If things work after the 5.21 update, then I'm guessing that something got corrupted at some point (permissions, who knows what). Or, as Ralph and Dwight suggest, your key is just in the process of failing. Keep us posted.

(Weird that you found WIBU in your Graphisoft folder - that's not where it is installed on OS X, but rather in its own folder under Applications.)

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Actually there is a separate stand alone WIBU folder in the Application application folder. Initially I assumed the WIBU folder resided within the Graphisoft folder so that's how I found it (AC11>WIBU>WIBU-Key>Wkinstall.mpkg).

The stand alone WIBU folder does not ID the version.
Learn and get certified!