Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Moving to MAC what problems will occur

Anonymous
Not applicable
Our office is moving from PC to MAC ao or ArchiCAD is going to Mac. Will we be able to open PC ArchiCAD files from a MAC? Or take a Mac file home and work on our PC's? What other problems will we have? Will we lose our company libraries? Please help.
13 REPLIES 13
Chazz
Enthusiast
File interoperability works well between platforms as do MOST library parts.

But all that's beside the point.

Look Jeff, the biggest issue you are going face is the new coolness. Soon you will have lozenge-shaped glasses, a trendy haircut and a new Audi. Your children will think much more highly of you and your wife will not be able to keep her hands off you. In fact, many women (and even some men), once they know you are a Mac user, will pretty much become putty in your hands. The standard warnings of "with great power comes great responsibility" apply here. This is a sacred trust shared by all of your fellow Mac users so don't blow it: use your newfound power responsibly.

OK? Welcome to the fold.
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks! Ill get a Starbucks charge account today!
Thomas Holm
Booster
Chazz wrote:
Welcome to the fold.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Chazz
Enthusiast
jkoenig1980 wrote:
See, when you say stuff like that it makes me want to put you under my wing and guide you. Starbucks is a Windoze users idea of what's cool. Once you get your Mac you're not going to set foot in a Starbucks. You are going to hang out only in locally-owned coffee houses with stained couches and free book exchange shelves, owned my heavily tattooed, goatee'd Communists who sell shade grown, fair-trade, sustainably harvested Ethiopian blends. And you won't need an account, because you'll barter with the owner by doing his website in flash.

Hang on, where are you? Oh, Dallas. I see. Look, does your firm have a branch in San Francisco, New York or Santa Fe? Maybe even Austin?
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
Dwight
Newcomer
jkoenig1980 wrote:
Say goodbye to donuts, weak coffee and trucker wallet.
Dwight Atkinson
Eduardo Rolon
Chazz,

Not Flash!!! Macusers don't use flash. Rapidweaver, Coda, Ruby on Rails are ok

Typed on my iPhone.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nope. But we still have them in this gun slinging town.
Dwight
Newcomer
jkoenig1980 wrote:
Nope. But we still have them in this gun slinging town.
I've been to Deep Ellum. Your top crowd don't hang 'round there no more.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
You the the USB Key will work for both OS's