BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Properties GDL

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I'm trying to write a property GDL that makes the 2D drawing of windows and doors. It will (hopefully) design the elevation with the floor lines (so I can measure the sill height), but I'm stuck at this code:

! draw the elevation
drawing3 -3,90,2
!subtracts the sill height to go to the floor position
add2 0,-WIDO_SILL_HEIGHT
! Draw the first floor line
pen 1
line2 -WIDO_N_RSIDE_WIDTH/2,0,WIDO_N_RSIDE_WIDTH/2,0
! Draw the second floor line
add2 0,-.05
pen 6
add2 0,-.1
! Draw the third floor line
pen 6
pen 1
del top

Problem: it doesn't acquire the width of the window/door. What am I doing wrong?
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
I haven't used the property scripts in ages, but can't it read the window parameters directly?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:
can't it read the window parameters directly?
Well I thought so, and it really works with the sill value, but it doesn't with the width. That's the problem here. I think my problem is about the width value of the doors and windows,
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Can you post a sketch of exactly what are you trying to do?
A couple of years ago I wanted to do something similar but didn't due to lack of time.
I wanted to create a side elevation of a Door/Window fully complete with dimensions and stuff (of course the Dimensions would be created from lines and texts).
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
It's exactly what you've described. I want to create a list with the code, number of items, the elevation, plan representation, Cut representation and perspective. My idea is to put it all on a layout, put a independent detail over and put information, details and specifications on it. I first wanted to insert the list directly in the detail, but it doesn't work.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
OK, I see.
Back to your original question: since you are on uncharted territory, unfortunately I would not be surprised if it turned out that some Global Variables return incorrect values or do not work. But this you will have to figure out. Sorry to say that.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I verified and it really doesn't return the correct values!!!! I put a text on the 2D code and it returns me a null value. It works for height and sill height but not to width!!!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally found out! the parameter I needed was SYMB_A_SIZE. It gives-me the value I need! Now the next problem : I need a section of the window/door and not a side elevation. How can I have a section of a object in GDL?

Here is my result
Anonymous
Not applicable
arqstein wrote:

Finally found out! the parameter I needed was SYMB_A_SIZE
I think that SYMB_A_SIZE is the same as 'A' and the height is 'B' -
I have similar project and just used these.

To get the section you could cut the object with CUTPLANE or similar. Use GLOB_CONTEXT=6 | GLOB_CONTEXT=46 in the main object 3D-code to cut only when listing.

Hope this helps.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, I am also curious about the result.
The only thing that I do not know is how to get both a side view and a cut section view in the same list. If you have the GLOB_CONTEXT then it will be only either one: it will either cut the model or it won't.

I just thought of a possible way: maybe you could duplicate the element so that there would the two instances of the same Door/Window (only when listing) and one of them would be cut by a CUTPLANE. This way you could have a front view and a cut section view in the same list. I hope I expressed myself well enough and what I am writing makes sense to you guys.
Learn and get certified!